Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 09:47 AM

8 posts, read 4,857 times

Advertisements

I currently live in a close-ring Philly suburb (as a renter; sold the house) and am trying to figure out whether to retire in place, move further west in PA, or leave the state altogether. If Gov. Wolf is voted out and a Republican elected, I will stay in PA. Does anyone have any thoughts on Downingtown, Exton, Malvern, or other spots in Chester Co. as a place to retire? I'm a divorced empty nester so don't need schools and would continue as a renter. I currently live in a super-liberal burb where people wear masks outside while riding bikes and where parents mask up their 4-year-olds. My liberal 'welcoming' place of worship now requires 'papers' - proof of vaccine plus the booster - to even enter the building and so I will be leaving there. Whenever I go out to eat in Malvern or Exton I feel like it's a different world. Some people are masking but it feels like less of a police state and more live-and-let-live. Any thoughts on where and if to pre-retire (still working from home remotely) in Chester County as a renter? Even specific apartments buildings or complexes? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:46 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Chester County, while not physically connected to Philly, is still part of the city's metro. You'll probably receive more responses in that sub-forum.

Old 12-31-2021, 11:15 AM

Thanks. Is there a way to move the post or do I need to re-post and delete this one?

Old 12-31-2021, 11:35 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
You could request that the moderator move it...but it might be quicker to delete and re-post.

Old 12-31-2021, 11:39 AM

401 posts, read 426,083 times
Consider moving to Lancaster City area or to areas where Trump won. Your $$$ will go further and you will be happy. We retired to West Chester and love it but then again we wear a mask everywhere!

Old 12-31-2021, 12:33 PM

28 posts, read 40,749 times
From your posting it looks like you'd be welcome in Elizabethtown, Lancaster County. Lancaster City leans blue.

BTW, Wolf can't run again in 2022. Research is your friend.

Old 12-31-2021, 02:34 PM

401 posts, read 426,083 times
Coffee

Take a look at this map and you will see how Chester County voted in the 2020 election by each location.

https://pennsylvania.totalvote.com/r...&cid=03#page-1

You can then look at the places that voted for Trump by clicking on Precinct Results for places to live.

Last edited by TLC1957; 12-31-2021 at 03:28 PM..

Old 12-31-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryk View Post
From your posting it looks like you'd be welcome in Elizabethtown, Lancaster County. Lancaster City leans blue.

BTW, Wolf can't run again in 2022. Research is your friend.
Thanks, Larry. You sound like you live near me on the Lower Main Line. If not, you'd fit right in!

Old 01-01-2022, 10:04 AM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Are you really basing your relocation decision based on masking habits?

To each their own, but that sounds incredibly myopic and short-sighted.

I think early 2022 will finally be when this god-awful pandemic subsides and the hysteria/over-reaction either in response to or ignoring the pandemic will finally go away.

Let's calm down with the unnecessary division in the meantime.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Are you really basing your relocation decision based on masking habits?

To each their own, but that sounds incredibly myopic and short-sighted.

I think early 2022 will finally be when this god-awful pandemic subsides and the hysteria/over-reaction either in response to or ignoring the pandemic will finally go away.

Let's calm down with the unnecessary division in the meantime.
Yes, I am. Masks do not stop the spread of covid but they destroy personal freedom. On a per capita, age-adjusted basis, Florida and Sweden (which did not lock down or mandate masks) have among the lowest death rates from covid in the industrialized world. The mainstream media doesn't want you to know that. Gov. DeSantis insisted that the elderly get the vaccine first, as they are at highest risk. The rest of the U.S. followed his lead. Vaccines in young, healthy people is madness, which is why only 50% of CDC employees are vaccinated and why the CDC has multiple lawsuits pending against it related to its refusal to release safety data on vaccine injury collected by its V-Safe system. Living around people who value personal freedom and living my values is that important to me, yes.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-04-2022 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: trying to stop the thread hi-jack by moving conspiracy theory link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia