Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 02:32 AM

4 posts, read 3,718 times

Advertisements

For those of you who are currently living in Philadelphia, how would you say your well-being and happiness has been while living there ? What do you think about living in the city has affected your well-being in terms of your happiness, & stress levels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 03:42 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
I see you just joined and this is your first post.

Just curious.
Your question is a very news story type of question.
Are you writing an article, and using your inquiry as source material?

Old 05-16-2022, 04:54 AM

2,236 posts, read 1,120,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I see you just joined and this is your first post.

Just curious.
Your question is a very news story type of question.
Are you writing an article, and using your inquiry as source material?
They’re looking for “This city is a sh*thole, I can’t wait to leave” type reactions.

I say everyone gives them the opposite so they look foolish reporting back to whatever site they’re from.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:15 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoymelosaosita View Post
For those of you who are currently living in Philadelphia, how would you say your well-being and happiness has been while living there ? What do you think about living in the city has affected your well-being in terms of your happiness, & stress levels?

As long as I don't have to drive around, my stress level is pretty good lol. Walking > Driving is a big plus factor in the city and probably has contributed to me being somewhat healthier.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:23 AM

1,697 posts, read 972,355 times
My happiness level has been amazing only outdone by my overall feeling of wellness since I moved to Philadelphia.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:24 AM

445 posts, read 414,650 times
I'm pretty happy being able to walk to world-class museums, hundreds of restaurants, and amazing parks within 15 minutes of where I live. Every time I go into the suburbs my blood pressure immediately goes up having to deal with driving between everything.

Old 05-16-2022, 01:16 PM

193 posts, read 204,637 times
I've lived Phoenix, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Richmond, Washington, D.C. (for 22-years), and now Philadelphia. Of the cities I lived in before moving to Philly, the only one that I really liked was Richmond. I was glad to get out of the others.

When I left Ft. Lauderdale for Philadelphia my friends down there thought I was crazy--why leave a subtropical paradise for a gritty old northeastern city? I'd be back within a year they said. Well, it'll be twenty years this July since I moved to Center City and I couldn't be more content. Unlike Ft. Lauderdale, there is so much to see and do in Philadelphia, and (again unlike Ft. Lauderdale) I can walk to EVERYTHING. In fact I haven't driven a car in 12 years. The money I've saved on that alone amounts to a small fortune.

For me, Philadelphia is the best city in America--I love it here and wouldn't even consider living anywhere else.

Old 05-16-2022, 02:19 PM

1,697 posts, read 972,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTinPhilly View Post

For me, Philadelphia is the best city in America--I love it here and wouldn't even consider living anywhere else.
Agreed. I've done time in NYC (12 yrs), Burlington, Santa Fe, Boulder, Jersey, DC, Rochester, Cleveland.

Philly is my favorite place I've ever lived by a long way.

Old 05-16-2022, 02:34 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge12 View Post
I'm pretty happy being able to walk to world-class museums, hundreds of restaurants, and amazing parks within 15 minutes of where I live. Every time I go into the suburbs my blood pressure immediately goes up having to deal with driving between everything.
This is such a great point that is so lost on so many Americans. I envy anyone who can walk to basic necessities, or better yet, entertainment.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:05 PM

840 posts, read 693,815 times
I'll just say that although the crime has been a disappointment, its not just a philly thing and even though I (like others) have been critical of city halls response I also think crime is cyclical and likely to go back down with a changing of the guard. That being said Philly has great mountain biking/hiking in the city limits which is very unusual for a major city. When I lived in NYC they had trails in outer Queens (Cunningham Park) but it was nothing compared to Wiss & Belmont. Also Philly has awesome little neighborhood festivals/events and pop up breweries that I havent seen in other cities: There is never a shortage of events to keep your weekend booked.

Additionally, within an hour or so of Philly you have the NJ shore, or great hikes at Delaware Water Gap etc..Not to mention some pretty good skiing for an eastern state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia