U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 PM

9 posts, read 42,279 times

Advertisements

I'm starting a new job in Blue Bell in September and need to find good child care for my 19-month old son. Ideally I would love to find a daycare that has a great outdoor area, friendly staff and a safe environment. We are looking for a facility in Blue Bell, Glenside or Jenkintown. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 07:30 PM

1,623 posts, read 5,965,113 times
Child experts recommend using accredited daycares and preschools to ensure safety, hygiene and educational protocols are adhered to, ensuring a better experience for parent and child.

Check naeyc.org under the "accreditation" link to search for schools within a radius of a certain zip code.

Also pakeys.org is PA's accreditation program which will have more schools bc they probably don't cost as much/require as much as Naeyc. Three or four stars schools are acceptable.

Good Luck!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:09 AM

9 posts, read 42,279 times
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check out the websites and see if there's anything near my school.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:36 AM

16 posts, read 75,275 times
I'm moving to the Blue Bell area in a couple of months. I also have a 19 month old. I'm thinking about sending him to Chesterbrook Academy. Any opinions about this daycare? I'm working in Plymouth Meeting, PA.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM

1,623 posts, read 5,965,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimifio View Post
I'm moving to the Blue Bell area in a couple of months. I also have a 19 month old. I'm thinking about sending him to Chesterbrook Academy. Any opinions about this daycare? I'm working in Plymouth Meeting, PA.
The administrator at the Chesterbrook Academy in West Chester gave me incorrect information about being NAEYC accredited (they are not) and basically tried to smear my son's current preschool in terms of the academic experience stating that my son, who is 2 months too young for most kindergarten programs, would find Chesterbrook Academy's pre-K program much more enriching and challenging than the one at the Goddard in Exton he attends, which IS NAEYC accredited and fabulous about everything except that the administrators are a tad fake and too businesslike, worshipping the almighty dollar. The upside is that everything about the school is unparalelled in its excellence.

The Goddard School had a last minute opening in their kindergarten class so my son, who they early entranced for pre-K, will also be early entranced for kindergarten and will get state credit for it and be able to enroll in a public first grade in most districts as long as we deem his skills sufficient.

I would again suggest you check out naeyc.org and find the accredited schools in the area you want, go to those schools and pick the one you like the best - unlike the hit-or-miss of randomly choosing a preschool, all the accredited ones will be pretty darn good so you can't really go wrong.

I found:
Montgomery County Community College Children's Center
340 DeKalb Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
County: Montgomery
Phone: 215 641-6618
Program ID Number: 327806
Email: dravacon@mc3.edu

And it seems like most Kindercare's are now accredited as well. You should also check pakeys.org for 3 or 4 Star programs..

Last edited by orrmobl; 08-20-2008 at 12:20 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,534,953 times
As the PP mentioned, Goddard schools are really great. I loved the one my son attended in Royersford, and I know there is one in East Norriton that wouldn't be too far from you. I wasn't as impressed by the facility at the one in Collegeville though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia