Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:18 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,208,904 times

Advertisements

Sad that you have been reduced to presenting isolated,targeted sq.ft. numbers of random houses.

This is all you need to know in regards to demand of where people want to live.

Median house prices of houses sold Third quarter 2007
By County

Chester(PA)$312,500
Bucks(PA)$300,000
Montgomery(PA)$275,000
Burlington(NJ)$245,000
Delaware(PA)$220,000
Gloucester(NJ)$219,000
Canden(NJ)$199,000

Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM

48 posts, read 178,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
You don't seem to understand you get MORE HOUSE for the same MONEY in PA versus NJ and you'll pay LESS tax.

Don't people usually want MORE HOUSE for their money? Isnt that a good thing? "Hey let's move to Jersey and pay 10% more for 10% less space!"

sheesh, i'm new to this forum and already cant stand you. i think i'll just stick to reading the posts by the 99% of people who are trying to help other people.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Try $150K average household income which has basically doubled since 1990. Gladwyne and Villanova together equal about 55% of the population of Moorestown Twp which is why the numbers look high - NOBODY LIVES THERE.

Moorestown, NJ:

Population
Total Population 22,044
Population Density 1,435 Persons/Sq. Mile
Female Population 11,583
Male Population 10,441
Median Age 41.92 Years
Percentage Population Change since 1990 78%
Percentage Population Change Since 2000 0%

Households and Income
Total Number of Households 8,030
Family Households 6,017
Average Family Size 3.24
Average Household Income $149,493
Median Household Income $97,966
Percentage Income Change Since 1990 78%

Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikmasteed View Post
Don't people usually want MORE HOUSE for their money? Isnt that a good thing? "Hey let's move to Jersey and pay 10% more for 10% less space!"

sheesh, i'm new to this forum and already cant stand you. i think i'll just stick to reading the posts by the 99% of people who are trying to help other people.
Absolutely, RainRock is spreading total lies and hiding behind mis-truths and statistical anomalies. He's obviously some shrill at the local chamber living in some deluded world on the Main Line.

Sorry to be taking the fight to the board at-large (no offense to otherwise good folks) but the reality is reality. Call a spade a spade. Villanova, Galdwyne et al are all nice, expensive little towns. But Cherry Hill, Haddonfield, Moorestown, Medford, Voorhees et al with the much higher property taxes make them more expensive for comparable houses. I've proven over and over you'll get more house in PA than NJ. It is what it is. Get over it. PA is always going to be a destination for many NJers looking to save on taxes and housing.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 06-05-2008 at 05:59 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Try $150K average household income which has basically doubled since 1990. Gladwyne and Villanova together equal about 55% of the population of Moorestown Twp which is why the numbers look high - NOBODY LIVES THERE.

Moorestown, NJ:

Population
Total Population 22,044
Population Density 1,435 Persons/Sq. Mile
Female Population 11,583
Male Population 10,441
Median Age 41.92 Years
Percentage Population Change since 1990 78%
Percentage Population Change Since 2000 0%

Households and Income
Total Number of Households 8,030
Family Households 6,017
Average Family Size 3.24
Average Household Income $149,493
Median Household Income $97,966
Percentage Income Change Since 1990 78%
I take it this info comes couresy of Moorestownresidenceisdesperatelygraspingforstraws. com?

Link please.

You wont be able to find any legitimate info where Moorestown can compare with Gladwyne or Villanova.

Oh look I found a legitimate source.Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/images/smilies/kick.gif (broken link)

Gladwyne

Per capita income- $93,228
Household income-$193,697
Resident Income between 250k-500k.... 15.35%
Resident Income over $500 K....24.47%

Moorestown

Per Capita Income-$48,200
Household Income-$87,659
Resident Income between $250k-$500k....6.7%
Resident Income over $500k.......4.41 %

Last edited by Yac; 06-10-2008 at 04:14 AM..

Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
In Moorestownresidences twisted world he/she thinks there is a certain superiority regarding stature/ home values/taxes etc. The only problem is he/she has their facts all discombobulated. He/she seems to be living off the prestige of the NYC suburbs in North jersey, he/she doesnt realize regarding the Philadephia suburbs that there is a big gap in affluence with the Pa Burbs having a very wide margin over the South jersey burbs.

Last edited by rainrock; 06-05-2008 at 06:50 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
In Moorestownresidences twisted world he/she thinks there is a certain superiority regarding stature/ home values/taxes etc. The only problem is he/she has their facts all discombobulated. He/she seems to be living off the prestige of the NYC suburbs in North jersey, he/she doesnt realize regarding the Philadephia suburbs that there is a big gap in affluence with the Pa Burbs having a very wide margin over the South jersey burbs.
There might be a bigger gap between your ears. Not even your own board members defend your inane responses as everybody knows I am correct. NYC is exactly 1 hour 45 minute commute to Manhattan. People do it all the time from SJ. That's why you'll get less house with higher taxes in NJ relative to PA, not to mention the more central location to major roads and access points. I realize it's a hard thing for you to come to terms with but the evidence is pretty conclusive. I can show you a modest house in Cherry Hill with prohibitive property taxes, you can't show me one in PA. I'm sure the Main Line shrills think exactly as you do but in reality everyone else believes that PA is an affordable place to relocate to with low property taxes - Philly burbs, Lehigh Valley, Lancaster, even Bucks County. That's a fact. The folks on the Main Line snub the rest of the world, I just didn't realize that how deeply rooted and ignorant it was. Those little affluent towns are nice retreats from otherwise drab and tired blue collar surroundings. Congrats.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:05 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
Quote:
There is a certain contingent of people from NJ who think that forking over big bucks for taxes and car insurance is some sort of bragging right. I have yet to figure this one out, but I think it's an offshoot of living in a state with little identity other than traffic, taxes, highways, and industrial sites.

Moorestownresident has admitted before that he's "just having fun" so before anyone makes any decisions hopefully you will do your research.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,712,491 times
Quote:
Ok, so I'm not the only one confused.....

Old 06-06-2008, 07:49 AM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Quote:
There might be a bigger gap between your ears. Not even your own board members defend your inane responses as everybody knows I am correct. NYC is exactly 1 hour 45 minute commute to Manhattan. People do it all the time from SJ. That's why you'll get less house with higher taxes in NJ relative to PA, not to mention the more central location to major roads and access points. I realize it's a hard thing for you to come to terms with but the evidence is pretty conclusive. I can show you a modest house in Cherry Hill with prohibitive property taxes, you can't show me one in PA. I'm sure the Main Line shrills think exactly as you do but in reality everyone else believes that PA is an affordable place to relocate to with low property taxes - Philly burbs, Lehigh Valley, Lancaster, even Bucks County. That's a fact. The folks on the Main Line snub the rest of the world, I just didn't realize that how deeply rooted and ignorant it was. Those little affluent towns are nice retreats from otherwise drab and tired blue collar surroundings. Congrats.
Because there aren't ANY blue-collar areas in Jersey, right? Let's try to keep the snob level to a minimum.

As I said before, there are plenty of nice attributes to be found on both sides of the Delaware, but as far as getting more for your money (instead of coming up with this convoluted argument that getting less for your dollar is something to brag about), that's what people tend to like better. You can claim that makes South Jersey more "desirable," but I've honestly never heard of anyone seeking out higher property taxes for the EXACT same amenities you can find across state lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia