Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:22 PM

14 posts, read 47,508 times

Advertisements

Hi there - we are a family of 5 - girls aged 7.5, 5, and 3 week old son. We are locating for 1 year. Husband is an SAP consultant and will be split between Newtown Square and Princeton so we are going to live somewhere in between. I know about undesirability of Trenton, Camden etc so we have decided on South Bucks county probably around Bristol. It is really beautiful there and offers all of what we are looking for recreationally, aesthetically with ease of travel to both locations.

Have any of you any idea about how we could find a large home to rent around here - all the websites I have been trawling only offer apartments. We would love a 4/5 bed furnished house but I have had no luck so far. Any other advice about our choice of location would also be much appreciated. Thankyou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 06:28 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,174,871 times
Try www.weichertrents.com. They have a good sight for house rentals and apart/townhomes.

I have to telll you Doylestown is light years ahead of Bristol and it would make for just as easy a commute as you could take route 202 to Princeton and rt. 202 down to Newtown Square.

If you think Bristol is nice you will love Doylestown,Newtown(bucks+delaware counties) Washington Crossing, New Hope, Yardley etc.

Good luck

Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 AM

14 posts, read 47,508 times
Great thanks a million...

Old 08-04-2007, 07:09 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,568,774 times
I hope you will visit center city Philly. There is so much to see and do here.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 PM

5 posts, read 31,989 times
Default bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Try www.weichertrents.com. They have a good sight for house rentals and apart/townhomes.

I have to telll you Doylestown is light years ahead of Bristol and it would make for just as easy a commute as you could take route 202 to Princeton and rt. 202 down to Newtown Square.

If you think Bristol is nice you will love Doylestown,Newtown(bucks+delaware counties) Washington Crossing, New Hope, Yardley etc.

Good luck

Just out of curiosity,how long of a commute would it be from Bristol/Doylestown/Yardley/new Hope/Levittown, etc... to Trenton? Thx in advance

Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 11,416 times
Default very far......>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhny View Post
Just out of curiosity,how long of a commute would it be from Bristol/Doylestown/Yardley/new Hope/Levittown, etc... to Trenton? Thx in advance
Bristol pa is about 10 minutes from Trenton,NJ if you drive slow.

Doylestown would be a pretty big commute (1/2 hour)comparitively.

Morrisville is about 2 minutes from trenton and offers a good amount of rental properties.

the area is pretty good and is close to Bristol, yardley and pretty close to doylestown.

good luck!
Mike

Old 06-09-2008, 02:44 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,511,183 times
If your kids are going to be in public school, consult this list and choose the district closest to the top that meets your needs. I've always thought of Bristol as a blue collar area, and the schools are pretty bad so I would look elsewhere, maybe Doylestown will work for you.

Central Bucks
New Hope Solebury
Council Rock
Hatboro Horsham
Palisades
Qakertown
Penn Ridge
Pennsbury
Centennial
Neshaminy

Bottom two fifths of all schools in PA:
Bristol Borough
Bensalem
Morrisville Borough
Bristol Township

Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 PM

5 posts, read 12,702 times
Default Bristol

I would definitely not relocate to the Bristol area. I have lived in Bucks County for 23 years - before you make your choice - look at crime statistics in the Bristol area and then start to do a search outside that area.

I was in the Furlong area which is close to Doylestown, Jamison, Buckingham areas which are in my opinion safer and have some nice downtown areas especially Doylestown, New Hope, Lambertville, NJ.

Again, nothing against Bristol - it's just that I believe it has it's issues with crime.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:53 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,677,272 times
Since this thread had been dead for almost a year, my guess is that the OP has already made a decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia