Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 10:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,101 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to PA. He has accepted a job in coatesville. We will be ariving in coatesville on or around the 24th of Aug. We are looking for temp housing (until we can see the different neighborhoods/suburbs and find where we want to live) If anyone knows of any month-month/temp housing or apartments please let us know about them. We have no kids, but do have 2 yellow labs and 1 cat(all have up to date vet info and have previous landlord refrences, all are nutered and the cat is declawed). We really are tyring to avoid living out of a hotel. Any info would be MUCH appreciated!!!! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 06:22 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,533,763 times
Look up Korman Suites, maybe Homewood Suites. Not sure if they do pets but its worth a try. I would look out as far as Lancaster as its not too far from Coatesville, will be less expensive, may be more pet friendly.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,230,374 times
I would suggest trying the Exton/Downingtown/Chester Springs area. Lots of apartment/ townhouse communities. The city of Coatesville itself has seen much better days, the surrounding areas are very pleasant.

Good luck

Old 07-27-2008, 10:24 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,533,763 times
I was poking around and found Homewood Suites Great Valley - and they allow pets! You will pay but it may be one of your only options in this area...

Old 07-28-2008, 12:23 AM

543 posts, read 1,902,920 times
Have your tried Rent.com?
I found some nice apartments in the Exton, Chester areas on that website and many accepted pets. I was happily surprised. You are wise to get a feel for the area before settling on a place to live. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,322,921 times
When our home was being built, we lived at The Fairways in THorndale. I believe they have month-to-month but I am not positive as we did a 6 month lease and then month to month after that. (took our home 8 months to be built) Now that I think about it, I think they have a 3,6, 9 and 12 month lease. The 3 month would give you a good amount of time to look.
It was clean and they kept the grounds nice. We were lucky to have quiet neighbors, but as in all apartment complexes you take a chance with who you live near. When I called the complex to book it I became friendly with the one consultant and asked if she could put us in one of their renovated apartments and in a safe place. SHe did.
Now, I wouldn't want to live there forever, but it was good for what we needed. The kitchen was brand new and the space was perfect for what we needed. (I was pregnant at the time and it was only my husband and I plus our cat and yellow lab) I can't seem to remember how much the rent was but the pet fee was one flat rate for our stay plus I think $25 a month. Wasn't bad.
Oh, and it is on a golf course, but it is not country club material, lol! Just a public course.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:03 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,790,895 times
apartmentguide.com may be of some help. They will tell you the pet policy at each place. That is Chester County. You can plug in the zip code of the job site and then specify a radius of 10, 20 or 30 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia