Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 11:45 AM

672 posts, read 5,823,718 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I are seriously considering moving to the Philly area. He will be working in downtown Philly if he gets a job there and wants a commute that is 30 min. or less in traffic. What are some suburbs/communities (besides Cherry Hill, which we are very interested in) in Philly that would have new construction and be within that commute? We are interested in a house that was built after 1980 only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 11:56 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,096,792 times
I don't know about finding homes built after a certain year, but if you check out Real Estate - philly.com, you can select "new construction".

Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM

144 posts, read 461,101 times
Wait, 30 minute commute and new construction? I hope we're talking train here because I don't see it happening any other way.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 PM

389 posts, read 1,096,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
Wait, 30 minute commute and new construction? I hope we're talking train here because I don't see it happening any other way.
Bensalem has new construction. I know quite a few McMansions went up about a year ago right off Street Rd by the I-95 exit.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,344,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
My hubby and I are seriously considering moving to the Philly area. He will be working in downtown Philly if he gets a job there and wants a commute that is 30 min. or less in traffic. What are some suburbs/communities (besides Cherry Hill, which we are very interested in) in Philly that would have new construction and be within that commute? We are interested in a house that was built after 1980 only.
I don't know if you're considering moving into Philadelphia but there are new homes being built near Tomlinson and Jamison Avenes in the Bustleton section. Also, there have been homes built in the last 5-10 years in Rhawnhurst. I don't know the price range but the neighborhoods are safe and, depending on the time of day, you can make downtown via I-95 in about 30 minutes. These are the only areas I can think of in Pennsylvania that will work for your time limitations. Are you focusing on buying a house or a condo? There have been a number of condos built along the riverfront. Good luck on the new job.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:16 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,221,706 times
Most of the brand new construction in the NW suburbs is closer to an hour commute to Center City.Garnet Valley,Chadds Ford,Glen Mills,Westtown,Chester Springs. You can certainly find post-1980 construction within a half hour to CC but its the exception and not the norm. You want to avoid the eastern 1/4 of Delaware County.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia