Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 07:57 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,918,019 times

Advertisements

Yes, I'd argue with you too that Phoenixville's town fests are just as crowded...but still tons of fun. I love all three towns, Media, West Chester, and Phoenixville. I've been to many events at all three, but most recently mainly the Phoenixville ones. As one of the many parents pushing a stroller, it's always very hard to navigate and Phoenixville doesn't have college students but there are always tons of dog walkers around. I don't mind that one bit. I like people, and I love when a community comes together for cool events like these walkable towns have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:45 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,505,863 times
And I hate to argue with you toobusy but my wife went to Media's 2 years ago and said it was nothing like the mess West Chester's was some 4 years ago...the areas are similar in that they are old and walkable, and that's it. Size, demographics, types of businesses, very different...

Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM

I've never been to one in Phoenixville, I just know that area is having a renaissance of sorts and doesn't have anywhere near the people/exposure that West Chester does.

Again, different size, demographics, and businesses...

And I think people who bring their dogs to public outings like these are worse than smokers. At least the smoke won't kill or injure anyone immediately.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,363,767 times
They are both county seats with a big chunk of the business tied to the courthouses, very similar architecture. C'mon you're really telling me that because you saw some big dogs at a festival a few years ago, that affected how you think of a town?? I saw one teeny dog yesterday at WC but it's not like it made much of an impact. I must not be as perceptive as you orrmobl, I really can't see why one is so much better then the other. oh well, to each his own!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,918,019 times
Do you have some kind of psycho fear of dogs or what? 90% of big dogs are completely and utterly harmless, and the people who bring them into a town festival know their dogs' dispositions. I never bring mine because she's crazy and would bark at everyone...the dogs I see in town are so quiet and docile, just lumbering along.

Phoenixville has more community events and live music outdoors than any town I've ever heard of. Every weekend all summer and frequently the rest of the year too. And the Pville Farmer's Market has been rated the best in the Philly area by some magazine or other... Definitely check out the Firebird Festival in December...when they build a giant wooden Phoenix and torch it! It's a great time.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 AM

I don't trust big dogs around small children, period. I don't trust solo males around small children either. Just playing the odds here, but thanks for the psycho comment; you've managed to not only insult me, but to insult people with mental problems as well...

And by the way my son was terrorized by a large dog at an acquaintance's house a few weeks ago; I was so busy keeping the dog away from my 3 year old that my 5 year old nearly drowned in the pool! So where before I had just grown to dislike big dogs in general, I now LOATHE big dogs and the idiots who tell you that they're harmless while your child is shreiking in terror and the dog is dragging him around the yard by the toy he is playing with.

The owner actually suggested we show my son how harmless the dog really was...to which I replied "No thanks". Then another moron keeps telling my son that the dog isn't scary when my son keeps saying over and over how scary the dog was. Finally I told her to stop invalidating his feelings, that the dog was scary as it had scared the crap out of me, my wife and my mother...Some people!

Why I Hate Dogs - TIME

And I was referring to the CROWDS and chaos, moreso than the dogs, in West Chester vs Media at the Food Festivals!

Last edited by orrmobl; 09-23-2008 at 12:27 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 AM

463 posts, read 1,288,018 times
I did not mean for this to become a forum to argue about dogs. The posting is on "What is West Chester like ? " Can we please stick to the topic ?
By the way...My family loves dogs ! We have 2. So , we think it's cool that animal lovers walk around at festivals there with there dogs on leashes. Now, if they are off of a leash and breaking the leash law, that's something different.
Can anyone tell me what else they have in west Chester ?

Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 AM

34,118 posts, read 18,364,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrmobl View Post
I don't trust big dogs around small children, period. I don't trust solo males around small children either.

Man you've got some issues. If I go to outdoor events with my dog I keep him on a leash and he is docile and friendly. Do you distrust yourself around small children?

West Chester is a nice town with a college and a large piece of urban sprawl around it, but its pretty nice urban sprawl. Lots to like about WC and environs. Have you visited yet?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:53 AM

8,975 posts, read 21,061,280 times
There is an active sub-forum for dogs located within the Pets forum.

Let's get back to talking about West Chester.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM

463 posts, read 1,288,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Man you've got some issues. If I go to outdoor events with my dog I keep him on a leash and he is docile and friendly. Do you distrust yourself around small children?

West Chester is a nice town with a college and a large piece of urban sprawl around it, but its pretty nice urban sprawl. Lots to like about WC and environs. Have you visited yet?
I have not yet visited. I am still waiting for my interview to take place.
I am just doing research in the event I am offered the job and we relocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia