Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,981 times

Advertisements

Phillies 1 Devil Dogs 0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:20 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
I actually like Devil Dogs, they're rather tasty. We sure snacked on them last night, huh?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,342,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
I actually like Devil Dogs, they're rather tasty. We sure snacked on them last night, huh?
They soak up the beer!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 AM

301 posts, read 921,983 times
3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

i know TB lost the 1st game of all their series and won the 1st 2...which kinda makes me nervous...

Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,275 times
Great article in today's Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Phils fans deserve World Series victory -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,093,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheBlock View Post
Great article in today's Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Phils fans deserve World Series victory -- OrlandoSentinel.com
It's interesting. I've been checking the Tampa Tribune each day to see what they're writing about the Phillies. There really hasn't been anything mean. Compare this to what T.J. Simers of the LA Times wrote about the Phillies and Philadelpha. I don't support it when the Philadelphia Daily News runs their nasty nonsense to get fans riled up, and it's nice to read nice articles such as these in other cities' papers.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM

1,943 posts, read 6,983,531 times
Phillies fans do boo a lot but you can't put them in the same league as Flyers or Eagles fans. I mean, we're still passionate and in your face but no different than LA, Chicago, Boston or New York fans.

Like I said earlier, the only AL teams I don't like are Boston and New York - I'm not gonna hate on the Rays. They're a good team minus the rock stars with attitudes.

I'm still sticking with my prediction (even though I'm happy to be wrong) that the Phils will lose tonight. They'll win on Saturday. They'll give up one game at home. Head back to St. Pete to win it in 6.

If the Phillies win tonight it'll be over in 5.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Hmmm, wonder what happened to Mr. Atlanta?

Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Poor guy, the people on the Tampa board weren't real keen on jumping on us like he wanted: //www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...out-those.html
That said, let's NOT go over there for any trash talking.

I am cautiously optimistic about the Phillies winning, but if last night's game was any indication, the teams seem to be well matched. At least Andy Reid isn't coaching!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,288 times
I am a Rays fan and have been watching this team since their first season back in "98 when they were hurrendous and had washed up players like Boggs, McGriff, and Canseco. You couldn't pay people to attend the games. $10 was considered the expensive seats. Anyways, I'm happy to see the huge improvement the "Devil" Rays have made especially going from last place to first in one season. After the series with the Red Sox, my Rays friends, the obnoxious shock-jock DJ's in Tampa, and the one-sided sportswriters in the Tampa area all seem to think Tampa's going to steamroll Philly. Well, its philly up 1-0 over Tampa and I'm sticking to my belief before this series began that its going 7 games. The best player on either team is Chase Utley (even before he hit his 2 run HR last night). Hammell may be the best pitcher on either team in this series. I say this because left handed pitchers with excellent change-ups tend to feast on young, aggressive hitting, free swinging lineups like Tampa's. I just hope Tampa fans can be more realistic and give credit to their opponents. They have a history of being loud and obnoxious like the awful Bucs and Gator fans. And in just looking at the crowd at the game last night it looks like the fans have very little baseball knowledge. It looked like a hokey crowd though with shirtless adults with blue, spray painted bodies, shaved heads with blue mohawks, and fat women with cowbells.....Uggghhhhh!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia