Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:01 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,234 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from Northeast Philadelphia, 4 bedrooms with deck off the master bedroom, twin rancher home in a desireable neighborhood to Florida. The move is planned for sometime this summer. My question is how soon should I put the house up for sale? With the market so slow, should I give it a lot of time and put it up now, or should I wait more for the spring? I plan to ask around $260,000 for it. My house is completely finished. What do you think of the asking price? I really would appreciate everyone's input before I put the house in the hands of a realtor. I'd rather have a variety of people's opinions on the price and the time of sale. All opinions are welcomed and appreciated. I am nervous enough about the move and could use some stress relief! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 03:21 PM

179 posts, read 1,066,810 times
as a realtor myself in the delaware county area I would tell you to contact 3 realtors from different companies to give you their estimates on the house value. They will know best, and can show you houses in your area that have sold in the past 6 months. Anytime after the 1st of march is a good time to list. Anyone with families will want to wait till school is out before closing. But there are always buyers looking for homes. your home has 4 bedrooms so it will most likely go to a family. Make sure the house is clean and uncluttered prior to putting it on the market. Also pick a good realtor who will advertize the property, don't just accept the agent with the highest asking price and lowest commision, remember u get what you pay for!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 AM

436 posts, read 1,357,234 times
Thanks for all the good advice. Since I am packing for the move, is it ok to have packed boxes in the basement? My basement is finished and the boxes are stacked neatly, but there are many. I already have rented storage space and it is filled!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:15 PM

179 posts, read 1,066,810 times
it would be better if they weren't there but if you have nowhere else to put them then just leave them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: