U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2007, 04:38 PM

42 posts, read 135,278 times

Advertisements

I was wondering since you know alot about the area,
is there any way of obtaining a list of planned communities (or subdivisions, I don't know exactly what they are called in PA) in certain counties? the houses we've liked so far in Chester county and Delaware county all seemed to be in planned developments, the kind with cul-de-sacs and no through-traffic. I didn't know if I have to go through an agent to get this kind of info..I'm frustrated with agents right now. ..Also thought there may be some for sale by owner properties in some neighborhoods, that the agents wouldn't know about anyway. I'm looking to drive around on my own a bit....
thanks in advance if you have any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 11:12 PM

4,910 posts, read 12,771,485 times
Not sure about tracking down specific housing developments other than googling specific towns and subdivisions.

As far as getting your own info. try these they should help

weichert.com

assist2sell.com

buyowner.com

forsalebuyowner.com

You are looking for slightly older homes correct?

If you like Malvern I think you would absolutely love Chester Springs. Its about 10 minutes north of Malvern up Rt 401(Conestoga road)

There is a beautiful carriage house that I looked at in Chester Springs that is on assist2sell.com.Its in a nice development, huge backyard, very good Downingtown schools. I would have bought it but my family is a little too large. Click Pennsylvania- then Exton- you'll find a bunch of Chester Springs houses.

Cruise around Chester Springs, Pickering Valley,Kimberton I think you will like out there.

Have you been to Main Street at Exton yet? That place is great. Its on RT 100 where it intersects with Rt 30. Nice shopping and some good restaurants. Try Appetites on Main restaurant, nice place,real good american style food.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia