Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:36 PM

2 posts, read 32,742 times

Advertisements

Hello does any one out there know more about Schnabel's Woods near Quakertown? I am wondering how to find out if there are any homes for sale there, where it is exactly it is and how much the ground rent is per year. Any other valuable information about it would be great to learn also. Thanx for your help. Is there an office number? Thanx again, Jill

Last edited by Tessa Hawthorne; 12-28-2008 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Looks like a nice place.

http://schnabelswoods.com/

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-14-2019 at 08:39 AM..

Old 12-31-2008, 05:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
Wow! I just checked out the website, the property definitely is an interesting concept. I'm very curious now about how to purchase...or look into purchasing. I tried to send an email but they have some funky kind of program that tries to do something weird when you enter your email address.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 AM

518 posts, read 1,791,912 times
It looks like a time share concept to me. Not a place to live year round, the homes do not all look winterized. But very pretty area!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 32,654 times
I have a cabin in Schnabels Woods that we are going to be selling very soon! I will be happy to answer any questions for you.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 32,654 times
Just a side note about Schnabels Woods. It is not a time share community. You own the cabin or cottage, but pay an annual lot fee to the owner of the community. It is considered a 182 day community, meaning that you cannot stay there more then 6 months continuously. Most of the cabins are not winterized but you are certainly welcome to do so to enjoy the winters there if you wished.
It is a beautiful area. You feel calm and peaceful just driving through the front gate.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 32,742 times
Hi,
Please tell me more about your cottage that you wish to sell and the community. Do you have any pictures to send me? How long have you owned it and why are you selling? Thanx for your information. Sincerely, Jill

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-29-2009 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: do not post e-mails - use DM for contact info

Old 03-16-2009, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 16,133 times
Default interested in schnabels' woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSpo View Post
I have a cabin in Schnabels Woods that we are going to be selling very soon! I will be happy to answer any questions for you.
My husband and I just checked out Schnabels Woods over the weekend and are looking for a cabin there...you mentioned that you were going to be selling yours soon...so if you are, I just wanted to get more info on it...thanks..ericka

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-29-2009 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: do not post e-mails. use DM for contact info

Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 15,827 times
Default schnabel's woods

I too own a cabin, bought it (furnished) in 2006 and have loved my time there. Our cabin is not winterized, although it has a fireplace and propane heater, but it's simple to drain and shut up for the winter. We do visit a couple of times in the winter just to make sure no trees fell on it, but can't really stay overnight if it's below freezing. In 2006 we were there thru NY Eve, last year had to shut it down mid-November. Depends on the weather. The setting is beautiful; I'm still exploring the surrounding area because what I usually do is walk, read and sleep right there. My son fishes in the creek. Lots of nice restaurants, all the amenities of a miracle mile 5 miles away on the other side of Qtown (rte 309) and many places to hike and kayak. Peace Valley and Nockamixon both rent boats and have hiking and biking trails. Doylestown has a great theater (multiplex in Qtown is closer but not so cute) good bookstores and great restaurants. Also The Country Place, a few miles away on 313, is a trip back to the 50s in prices and home cooked food. Blooming Glen Pork is the home turf for a store that used to be in Reading Mkt in Phila and has the best bbq I've ever had north of Virginia. Thrift stores abound, the library in Qtown is great, Qtown farmer's market is a hoot. Ground rent comes to about $200/mo. It doubled in the 25 years my predecessors had the cabin. Fire Insurance is $250 a year, propane $80 a year, electricity about $8 a month in the winter and $25 when we're there every weekend or more in the spring, summer, and fall, telephone (although cell phone reception has greatly improved since 2006--if i had to do it now I probably would not get a land line). about $16 for local service. No internet (hence the library) but 3G works; no cable or fios, basically no TV although some folks have dishes. any questions let me know. Obviously I love the place and want others to share in the fun.
Melanie

Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 20,739 times
Wink Schnabels' Woods

I spent many years there as a child. it was called Kelly's farm then. I can remember ever trail and rock @ the creek. there is no way you can not love this place. I remember the Schnabel's everything to me is just like it was yesterday. I spoke with one of the the Schnabels' last year and he told me i can come back anytime i was up. i was up there in 91 spoke to his Mom but @ the time there was no one to meet us to enter. from what i saw at the gate it was just as i remembered. My son is now moving 25 mins from there and sends me pics of the name of the town all the time saying mom's home.
I will go back soon all i keep saying is i want to go home. If possible i will buy our cabin back.
So if you want a great place to go and want your kids to have a happy time this is the place to go.
to this day i can remember the names of the families around our cabin and the kids i played with and so many things.
If Tom Schnabel reads this he will know who i am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia