U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 11:29 AM

165 posts, read 933,133 times

Advertisements

My daughter will be studying abroad for the Fall 09 semester and we're looking for a place in or nearish Collegeville where she can store her car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 PM

12,767 posts, read 28,906,844 times
I'm assuming she's at Ursinus. Why not just put some flyers up around campus or post on the on-line BB or facebook? Or perhaps she is doing that and you're just covering all the bases? Personally, when our kids went overseas, they just parked their cars in our driveway. We had an extra car if needed and made sure it got driven occasionally.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:30 PM

165 posts, read 933,133 times
Yes, she's done that so far. Friends had agreed to do it and then flaked out. She would park it in my driveway while she's studying abroad, except that I live in California. :-) She drove it out there last summer and it seems a shame to put all those miles on it (and the time involved) in driving it back, then back to PA again. And the car shipping companies prices are very high, but may end up being what she does.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:28 PM

12,767 posts, read 28,906,844 times
Ah, that would be a lot of trouble! Oh! How about Craigs list? Looks like Collegeville doesn't have one but here's the one for the Philadelphia area: philadelphia parking & storage classifieds - craigslist

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 AM

212 posts, read 547,334 times
Many self storage facilities also have spots available for parking. Might be worth checking out.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:41 AM

1,623 posts, read 5,965,113 times
You can't just leave a vehicle sit for that long without some preventative maintenance, etc. Why not just sell it?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM

99 posts, read 245,069 times
I live in the country and my vehicles sit for months at a time before i drive them again..4x4 is only in winter. truck is only when i need it. Nice car for weekends and bike for every other time... I would check the storage units or definatley check the local papers. people will rent garage space.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:13 AM

55 posts, read 154,827 times
Try Mr. Storage in Philadelphia. Just make sure you have all your paperwork...registration, insurance, etc. They are an established company and have 6 locations. You should find them online at their direct web page or you can find them in the yellow pages online. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia