Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times

Advertisements

Hi all, Thanks for getting me started with this process. I think the biggest thing for me is cost, and location to my internship at Girard Medical Center.

I definitely cannot live over there, but there was an area called the heights that some people spoke of, but I am open to anything.

I will read all of the other threads for info as well!

TIA

When are you moving?
I plan to move anytime betwen June 1st and June 15th
Where are you coming from?
I currently live in Washington dc, but may be in NY immediately prior to Philli
Why are you moving? A 1-year long Internship
Where will you be working? Girard Medical Center, North Philadelphia, 5th and Girard
Have you been here yet? Once

Will you buy or rent? Rent
If buying, are you looking for a house or a condo? How much can you spend?
If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend? Studio or 1 bedroom apartment, 600 a month
Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up? No Preference

Are you married or single? Single Do you have children? No
Do you prefer public or private schools? N/A
Do you have pets? Nope
Do you want or need a yard? Nope
Are you keeping a car? NO
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? More Calm and Quiet

What do you want to be closest to?
Work
Shopping
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)
Nightlife
Train or subway stations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
For $600, you'll likely need a roommate. Fishtown and Northern Liberties are rapidly gentrifying neighborhoods that would be within general walking distance or a short bus ride to your job. Much of Center City as well as South Philly is open to you as long as you can get to the Broad Street Orange Line subway. From there, you can get off at the Girard stop and either walk or bus the nine blocks east to the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia