Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM

13,249 posts, read 33,387,446 times

Advertisements

This weekend we are going to our son's Robotics tournament to be held at Temple. Afterwards my husband is going to go to one of the NCAA basketball games at the Wachovia Center and I'll drive home. He's meeting friends from up here at the game so he just needs to get to the Wachovia Center. I know there is a train stop at Temple but can he go directly to the Wachovia center and just where is the Temple stop? The SEPTA site is not easily decipherable to me but I know you guys can help.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,672,607 times
Take the Broad Street subway south from the Temple stop. The Wachovia Center is at the last stop.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 AM

360 posts, read 990,133 times
The subway station at Temple is at the corner of Broad St. and Cecil B. Moore, just steps from the front entrance of the Liacouras Center. Easy trip for him.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Thanks to both of you, that should do it!

BUT, just in case anyone reads this far - Any suggestions about where to go close to the Liacouras Center for a quick bite to eat? Pizza, or something similar?

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM

316 posts, read 1,011,949 times
Just so you know, the last stop (his exit) is Broad & Pattison, which is the same as the Wachovia Center stop as said above, but I've rarely seen it give that much detail down in the subway, it will almost always say Southbound to Broad & Pattison, but they might make an exception with the tournament being here, attempt to be helpful.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:43 AM

360 posts, read 990,133 times
There's a Qdoba (decent fast food Mexican) at Broad & Cecil B Moore. There's also a pizza place in the same shopping center, but I don't know how the food is. Also nearby is the Draught Horse for pub fare. The Draught Horse (http://www.draughthorse.com/index.htm - broken link)

Old 03-17-2009, 10:16 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,187,575 times
Plaza Pizza right next to the station. The gyros and meatball parms are fantastic.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:03 AM

Excellent, thanks all!

Realtors, See This.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 PM

I am back. JHG, I spent two days at your college. Nice campus, the Liacouras Center is great and I LOVED that mexican place on the corner suggested by Bookmen. I ate there yesterday and today. My son, OTOH, and some of his teammates had pizza at two different places for three days. It was very convenient. Parking and even the drive went well, excluding the yucky Schuylkill traffic. Son's robotic team made it to the semi-finals before being eliminated. Unhappy but not devastated.

Husband is still at the Wachovia Center cheering somebody on.. Thanks for the help everyone!

Realtors, See This.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:03 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,187,575 times
Glad you had fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia