U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 13,542 times

Advertisements

Hi moving out to the area from out west. I will work in Philly and my significant other will be working in Willmington. We are both young professionals. We woud like a place that is in the middle with luxury/newer apts. No more than 30mins driving for either of us. Any Suggestions? I heard about Chester and Media, but haven't found any luxury/newer apts in those areas. As a west coaster I do like the Trader joes in Media though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM

1,623 posts, read 5,965,113 times
West Chester may be your best bet for a newer more luxurious place although the 30 minute commute to Philly is out the window as there is no direct driving route and you have to drive to Exton to catch the train and it certainly more than a 30 minute trip. The city of Chester is a bad, bad place not to be confused with West Chester.

Somewhere closer to the I-95 corridor like Media, Swarthmore/Wallingford/Nether Providence area would probably be your best bet to equalize the commute to 40 minutes or less. I know there are high rise condos, not sure about apartments, along I-476/Route 320 in the Wallingford/Swarthmore area. I'm guessing they are pretty nice based upon the area in which they are located.

Not sure about luxury places but I would think Glenn Mills or West Chester or somewhere on the Main Line would be more likely to have them, but again there goes the commute to Philly. Same goes for King of Prussia where I know they have exactly what you are looking for. Also Conshohocken.

Here in the Northeast you generally have to pick between cost, commute and new vs old construction, just the nature of the area being jam packed with people and having been settled for hundreds of years.

Also Swedesboro NJ may work for you as I know there is a lot of newer construction there and the commute to Philly is fairly short; in fact I would say you may be better off looking in that part of South Jersey, again along I-95/295 and Route 322 as you should be able to find newer place and a similarly decent commute.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM

4,910 posts, read 12,771,485 times
Id post links for you but that doesnt go over to well on this site.

Google Windsor at Brandwine Valley which is in Chadds Ford Pa.

Coventry Glen Mills which is a nice apartment community in Glen MIlls Pa.

Forget about Chester thats an old industrial city in Delaware County Pa. that has seen much better days. Media is a quaint Main Street USA type town but its old school, not many newer modern amenities unfortunately.

Id concentrate on Chadds Ford, Concordville,Boothwyn, Glen Mills,and West Chester pa. although all those places are closer to 45- 1 hr to Philadelphia-about 1/2 hr to Wilmington. But nearly all the apartment complexes closer to Philly tend to be on the older outdated side, you may have to compromise your commute a bit if you want newer accomodations.

4wallsinphilly is a good site to get you started with apartments. You should concentrate on northern Delaware, western Delaware County Pa, Chester County Pa.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia