U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:43 PM

15 posts, read 36,172 times

Advertisements

Levittown is a nice place to live.It's quiet and the people are friendly.Bristol is the same way.The taxes are high though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,175 times
Default I currently reside in the Highland Park area which our street is very quiet and we too have very nice neighbors. I recen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
I been living in Levittown Kenwood section about 6 years. Its a very friendly quiet area. The kind of neighborhood where every one waves to each other. The kind of people that help each other out just because they are good natured people. There is some bad issues, but nothing serious enough to make me want to leave. Yea taxes are a little high. Maybe because the pickup trash 2 times a week. Other places I've lived never did that or even heard of any place doing that.
I currently reside in the Highland Park area our street is very quiet and we too have very nice neighbors. I recently saw a house for sale (264 S Kenwood Dr) and wanted to know what you meantthat there are some bad issues, can you elaborate? Also, since you have lived in this section for 6 years do you see that the neighborhood is changing, if yes please explain. Please reply you input is greatly appreciated!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:24 PM

5 posts, read 6,937 times
We just moved to Levittown area (Bristol Township - Brittany Springs apartments) a few months from the Midwest. It's been a pretty smooth transition. I've been in different parts of the city and feel safe here.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,740,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwlax96 View Post
We just moved to Levittown area (Bristol Township - Brittany Springs apartments) a few months from the Midwest. It's been a pretty smooth transition. I've been in different parts of the city and feel safe here.
I knew someone who lived at Brittany Springs and it is pretty isolated from the bad area. I guess you don't have children who will have to go to Bristol schools and your renting so taxes aren't an issue. The only downside, if you are a shopper, is the lack of places nearby because the demographic is really pretty low income in the surrounding neighborhoods. You have to go all the way to Oxford Valley/Rt 1 for good stores except for Walmart. On the other hand if you like Walmart you have two of the best close by.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,769,949 times
i wouldnt consider levittown to be a "bad area" in a traditional sense. but i moved to bucks county (morrisville, falls twp) last year and, honestly, sometimes i am overwhelmed with the abundance of white trash when i go out shopping up and down lincoln highway. the residential neighborhoods are really nice and i enjoy living there, but when going out shopping whether it be the grocery store, pet store, etc....it starts to feel like hicksville. where do these people live?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
when going out shopping whether it be the grocery store, pet store, etc....it starts to feel like hicksville. where do these people live?
Read uwlax96's post and my reply just above yours for the answer.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:41 AM

so they all live in brittany springs. never heard of it. then again i am not from here. i assumed many of these people live around rt 13 going through bristol. that corridor is hideous.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM

21 posts, read 25,696 times
Gross, OP, NO. Levittown is horrible. I cannot stress this enough. We could not even sell our house there (my husband's, not mine); we rent it out for $1400/month. That is a lot of rent for the crappiest house I have ever seen in my life and yet we get it. I hate all of that area and would NEVER live there. White trash to the extreme. Strip clubs and bars everywhere.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenX View Post
White trash to the extreme. Strip clubs and bars everywhere.
thank you! atleast i am not the only one who notices the W.T. in the area.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
so they all live in brittany springs. never heard of it. then again i am not from here. i assumed many of these people live around rt 13 going through bristol. that corridor is hideous.
Read it again. Your 1st assumption is wrong but your 2nd assumption is correct. Brittany Springs is one apartment complex and it is pretty nice. I was refering to the neighborhoods near it and yes that area along Rt 13 all the way up to Levittown Parkway. The western portion of Levittown in Middletown Township (closer to Rt 1), while not exactly "upscale", is a perfectly respectable middle class community. To better understand Levittown if you are interested just put it in to the search box. Of course you will have to ignore the New York Levittown threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia