U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:07 PM

8 posts, read 22,364 times

Advertisements

Can someone help me with a question that I have been trying to research? My fiancee and I would like to live in Bucks County. I work in Neshaminy and we have been looking in Southampton, Warminster and Feasterville. Though Feasterville has had some nice homes, they are still rather pricey, with Southampton and Warminster being much more expensive.

I've seen some really nice homes in Levittown, but my question is, how is the area? I have heard very mixed reviews about that area and I was hoping someone could clear up some of the confusion? Are there certain pockets that are good? If so, what would they be? Should I continue to try to find a nice area where I'm looking and forget about the Levittown area?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM

689 posts, read 2,095,016 times
Yes - Levittown is VERY mixed.. I would suggest sticking to the Middletown Township or Falls Township part of Levittown. Avoid the Bristol Township parts.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 PM

389 posts, read 1,003,387 times
Forsythia Gate, Red Rose Gate, Highland Park, Cobalt Ridge...pretty much all the Middletown Township sections of Levittown are nice. Falls Township? Vermillion Hills is nice. Bristol Township? The sections aren't that bad, but they really have gone downhill big time and the roads are horrid. As are the taxes.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 PM

9,237 posts, read 19,610,621 times
Agree with Ooodsie. Levitown straddles 3 townships: Middletown, Falls, and Bristol Twp.

Middletown Twp is generally Neshaminy School District, and decent.
Falls Twp (but not all of Falls) is generally Pennsbury School district and very good schools.
Bristol Twp (and their school district) is to be avoided.

Many of the original Levittowner houses have been upgraded and added onto. So if they are in a decent section & school district, you might find yourself in a nice little neighborhood.
You'll find a lot of younger families, blue-collar, or white-collar-and-just-starting out, plus older couples whose kids have moved on. Some of the original Levittown buyers still live there, and care about keeping things nice. But beware of thug teens or any area where people are drinking cans of beer in their driveway (drive around neighborhoods you're interested in several times).

Old 03-27-2009, 05:56 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,737,587 times
It has all pretty much been said right here but if you do a search, many pages have been written about Levittown in this forum.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:27 PM

9 posts, read 34,085 times
You may also want to look into Fairless Hills (next to Levittown), most of which is Falls Twp.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM

4 posts, read 20,456 times
The only part of levittown you have to watch out for is bloomsdale or fleetwing sections. even somewhere like yellowood or white wood, or green lynne or violet wood right near them are good. I have grown up in bristol township(levittown and fairless hills) for my whole life 26 years. and I love it. I can walk around any part of town at night and be feel perfectly safe

Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 AM

6 posts, read 34,425 times
Just wanted to throw my $0.02 in. I grew up in Middletown township. It is a very good area. You are to close several large shopping centers and malls. Many good places to eat are also close by. Also it is easy acess to I-95, the turnpike, and Rt.1. It may sound really built up, but once you get into the neighborhoods you are surrounded with nice people and nice homes.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 9,931 times
I been living in Levittown Kenwood section about 6 years. Its a very friendly quiet area. The kind of neighborhood where every one waves to each other. The kind of people that help each other out just because they are good natured people. There is some bad issues, but nothing serious enough to make me want to leave. Yea taxes are a little high. Maybe because the pickup trash 2 times a week. Other places I've lived never did that or even heard of any place doing that.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 PM

69 posts, read 201,427 times
I lived in Bucks County for almost seven years and loved it. My sister and her family currently rent a townhome off of Durham Rd and New Rodgers (Veterans Highway) - Raquet Club Apartments it's called. She's very happy there, feels safe and never has had any problems.

I think parts of Levittown get a bad rap, maybe not deservedly. My son stayed with them this summer while he continued working full time until his girlfriend went back to school. Co workers of his in Doylestown insisted he carry a baseball bat in the car with him because of where he "was staying."

Levittown is definetly convenient to get to other places - and the shopping can't be beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia