Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:39 AM

8,975 posts, read 21,059,414 times

Advertisements

.. getting back to the topic of how the OP can maximize a positive experience in the Philly metro given their present life in Florida will lengthen the life of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM

15 posts, read 57,455 times
to OP,
uwill find great difficulty finding a Super Target in the northeast states. super target is mainly down south and west coast. ORLANDO HAS SO MANY!! and also the super walmarts like you mentioned

philly does not have any to my knowledge and if it does it is smaller than orlando.

plus pennsylvania and jersey have alcohol laws so there is the lack of that in stores as well as moving and alterations elsewhere throughout stores

Old 04-01-2009, 12:43 PM

983 posts, read 2,763,652 times
Cherry Hill, NJ would suit you to a T. There's a nice Target, a great shopping mall, tons of shopping and restaurants of every type imaginable (and more are currently being built as we speak), short commute to Philadelphia (5 miles to Ben Franklin Bridge into Phila), variety of housing and apartments, middle class to upper middle class area, easy to get everywhere from Cherry Hill. Cherry Hill has great supermarkets...ShopRite & Wegman's and a 15 minute drive to Trader Joe's (Marlton, NJ).

The zip code 08002 is the part of Cherry Hill closest to Philadelphia and where all the best shopping is.

The downside...because of the above it's a very congested area and if you decided to buy a place here eventually, the property taxes are very high.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,957,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
Cherry Hill, NJ would suit you to a T.
It would suit you to a T if your willing to pay double for a house that you would in Florida and at least tripple the property taxes you currently pay in Florida. Cherry Hill has some of the highest property taxes in the County and State !!!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:59 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,501,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
It would suit you to a T if your willing to pay double for a house that you would in Florida and at least tripple the property taxes you currently pay in Florida. Cherry Hill has some of the highest property taxes in the County and State !!!
Not everybody wants to live in the redneck paradise of Ocala Florida.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Not everybody wants to live in the redneck paradise of Ocala Florida.
You seem fixated on commenting on Ocala, Florida even when its not part of the topic........my post only confirmed Sassygirls opinion that even for the State of New Jersey Cherry Hills taxes are outrageous and much higher than those you would generally find in Florida. Name calling for the sake of name calling only demonstrates the inability for one to comment articulately on the topic at hand.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
You seem fixated on commenting on Ocala, Florida even when its not part of the topic........my post only confirmed Sassygirls opinion that even for the State of New Jersey Cherry Hills taxes are outrageous and much higher than those you would generally find in Florida. Name calling for the sake of name calling only demonstrates the inability for one to comment articulately on the topic at hand.
You brought up that redneck town of Ocala in your first post. You pay for location, Cherry Hill has an excellent location and excellent schools with all the amenities of a major city nearby. Something that Ocala could not offer in a million years.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
You brought up that redneck town of Ocala in your first post. You pay for location, Cherry Hill has an excellent location and excellent schools with all the amenities of a major city nearby. Something that Ocala could not offer in a million years.
Ocala was merely used as a point of reference tax wise since the OP lives in Florida......you keep referring to it as a paradise which it is not.....nor is Cherry Hill despite its "location".......if you enjoy paying 10 times the average property taxes you would in Ocala then Cherry Hill is definitely for you. The point of the post was to inform the OP that the cost of living up here is much greater than that of Florida and he better be making almost twice what he makes in Florida to come out even or ahead in a move. I'm not sure how your continual labeling of people in Ocala, Florida as rednecks helps the OP at all ?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
.if you enjoy paying 10 times the average property taxes you would in Ocala
Yes, because Ocala is in the middle of nowhere. But your "10 times" is such an exaggeration that I will not respond. I am paying a small fraction more in taxes than I paid in Florida (Orlando). Yet I have amenities that I could not even dream about in Florida. I was born and raised in the NYC area and value the amenities and culture a large city provides. Your example of Ocala is a joke. You can not compare a small rural town to a major metro area.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, because Ocala is in the middle of nowhere. But your "10 times" is such an exaggeration that I will not respond.
My daughter and her husband pay $1500 in property taxes for a 3 bedroom, two bath, two car attached garage on a large lot with deck and outdoor jaccuzzi in a nice neighborhood in Ocala.......my guess is that 10 times more property taxes in Cherry Hill for the same property, or $15,000, isn't that far off. Please don't feel the need to respond.....based upon your past posts I suspect that I am the only one between the two of us who actually has any first hand experience with both towns to be able to comment accurately anyway. I'm sure you'll be very happy in your row home overlooking the polluted Cooper River. Since most of your posts involve rednecks you might want to try posting in the Gerogia, Alabama or other southern forums where rednecks truly abound and your lack of knowledge won't be noticed so much ?

Last edited by FlyersFan; 04-04-2009 at 05:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia