U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:32 PM

4,910 posts, read 12,770,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswinendine View Post
97% of the murders have intended targets. 75% of the murder victims in Philadelphia have criminal records.[/QUOTE by rainrock]

Should this info make someone relocating to this city feel better? A murder is a murder whether it is intended or not. People sadly get killed in this city minding their own business everyday........how many school children were killed on their way to school or in the school yard last year. This city's statistics are outrageous!!! How can you feel safe in a city where not much is done about. City council and the mayor is a joke here, and quite frankly I'm embrassed to live here!!! Once upon a time .....yes Philadelphia was a nice place to live.......now.........forget coming here.........run!!!!
I'm certainly not condoning the violence in Philadelphia. That being said there were 32 other US cities with a population greater than 250,000 more violent than Philadelphia last year. If you lived in the city overall you had a .000026 chance of bing murdered last year. If you lived outside the hood the numbers are .00000008.

Lets try and keep it real. Its a huge city, and nearly all the crime is happening in the inner city. Outside of North + West/ southWest Philly you could probably count the murders on 1 hand.

Street Justice is causing nearly all of the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 6,851,982 times
Sadly school killings are a nationwide tragedy.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM

58 posts, read 173,345 times
I am keeping it real rainrock................that's why I'm out of here, I live in the northeast.............is this the area you are referring to as somewhat safe? I have news for you, not all that goes on here is reported. The media reports what it wants to preserve and protect certain economic classes and races.......don't be fooled!! The only person you are safe from is yourself!! By the way we are at 110 murders already...up 10 ...since my last post! The numbers of homicides here are projected to reach over 600! Watch your back regardless where you live! Peace!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:06 AM

436 posts, read 1,234,682 times
I agree with Philadelphia not being a great choice when compared to its suburbs. However, if you want to live in the city, I would say that northeast Philadelphia is still your best bet. Houses there are still within reason and the neighborhoods are still pretty good for families to raise their children. That being said, no where in Philly are the public schools good or safe. You need to look into charter schools or private.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or