U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM

54 posts, read 274,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristotlenova View Post
Dood, the majority of jersey Indians between the ages of 18-25 are most certainly ghetto. From the droopy pants to the intentional mauling of the English language, i don't know how else it could be described. I wish they would pull up their pants, lose the askew hats, and try not to front like they grew up in the hood. Most of them grew up in Piscataway and Edison for cryin out loud. And even those in Jersey City -- I would hardly call that the hood. Newark Avenue is not South Central.
I am a Jersey Indian, and if I'm ghetto then that would mean listening to Radiohead and watching hockey are the "ghetto" things to do. If you have ever read the book Things White People Like, pretty much everything in that book from Boston to liberal arts degrees can define me.

Just because people wear baggy pants, refuse to bend the brim of their hats, and listen to rap, doesn't mean they wish to be from South Central or North Philly. It is just a style. I have met people who like to wear the hip hop style, and are some of the brightest people. Hip hop does trancend race.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM

1,623 posts, read 5,966,382 times
You do not want Upper Darby or 19018...those places are ghetto or ghetto-izing as we speak. Try Jersey instead.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:14 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,560,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep77 View Post
I am a Jersey Indian, and if I'm ghetto then that would mean listening to Radiohead and watching hockey are the "ghetto" things to do. If you have ever read the book Things White People Like, pretty much everything in that book from Boston to liberal arts degrees can define me.

Just because people wear baggy pants, refuse to bend the brim of their hats, and listen to rap, doesn't mean they wish to be from South Central or North Philly. It is just a style. I have met people who like to wear the hip hop style, and are some of the brightest people. Hip hop does trancend race.

you obiously never grew up in central jerz

you're probably right, 15 yrs ago i was that knucklehead...i'm not a dr, lawyer whatever though, i'm livin minimum wage ...
gotta love steroetypes...

Last edited by john_starks; 04-24-2009 at 10:09 PM..

Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 AM

12,768 posts, read 28,910,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usadesi View Post
I may be moving to philadelphia soon, and know nothing about it, we are asian indians and have a child so we would like to live in areas which have some asian indian presence....can anyone here help...

Please, let's respect each other on this forum.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM

2,189 posts, read 6,854,269 times
University City.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 PM

7 posts, read 34,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usadesi View Post
I may be moving to philadelphia soon, and know nothing about it, we are asian indians and have a child so we would like to live in areas which have some asian indian presence....can anyone here help...
You may also try Western suburbs (Chester county) like West Chester, Exton and Chester Springs.
On other note, why are you very keen on Indian neighborhoods. Being an Asian Indian myself, I actually chose to find a community that didn't have too many Asian Indians. The reason being, there is so much to learn from other cultures, you may want to not want to zone yourself. I am assuming you are an immigrant. My advise (sorry, taking the liberty of doing so), US is a big melting pot of various culture and you can blend in without losing your identity. This is something I have learnt over 10 years of my stay in this wonderful country.
Cheers
Krishna

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,739,657 times
Knights Road and Street Road area of Bensalem, just north of Philly in Bucks County.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 PM

17 posts, read 10,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_rk21 View Post
You may also try Western suburbs (Chester county) like West Chester, Exton and Chester Springs.
On other note, why are you very keen on Indian neighborhoods. Being an Asian Indian myself, I actually chose to find a community that didn't have too many Asian Indians. The reason being, there is so much to learn from other cultures, you may want to not want to zone yourself. I am assuming you are an immigrant. My advise (sorry, taking the liberty of doing so), US is a big melting pot of various culture and you can blend in without losing your identity. This is something I have learnt over 10 years of my stay in this wonderful country.
Cheers
Krishna
Krishna .

Moving from Dallas - Any suggestion

Need to strat from Indian community areas but open to more mixed group living as well.

Need to work in king of prussia.

Important : Elementary school rating ( Top rated even if that means living out of indian community ) and grocery stores ( not so important )

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Sunny

Old 03-21-2018, 09:03 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,391,442 times
Secane, PA, maybe

Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 AM

883 posts, read 530,833 times
Discover.sunny, this thread is 9 years old. You should cut and paste the questions from the following into a new thread and you'll get more responses.

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...formation.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia