U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:55 PM

18 posts, read 51,320 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the area and are looking for information about neighborhoods in Newtown. Any info on 100 Acre Woods, Newtown Grant, Tyler Walk, Eagle Ridge (other recommendations?)? Our realtor says they are nice... We are looking for at least 3 bedroom with basement - interested in townhouses (primarily because of price and taxes) in good school district. Also need to be decent commute to Sayreville, NJ (within 45-60 minutes). Also considering Yardley or just renting in the Princeton/West Windsor/Plainsboro area. Thanks for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:31 AM

183 posts, read 576,119 times
Newtown has more going on downtown in terms of shopping and restaurants, but Yardley is a much better place to live if you can find the home you want. We are biased...moved to Yardley two years ago and just love the location and the charm of the town.
Sounds like you are open to townhome living...there is a 3 BR for sale right now across the street from us in Yardley Station. It's a small condo development - just 31 townhomes - right next to the Yardley train station. The unit for sale is on Lantern Ct, and I think the Realtor is Envirian.
Send us a private message if you want to know more about Yardley living.
In Newtown, be careful with Newtown Grant...there was much publicity a few years back about six roofs caving in there. The other developments you named are A-OK.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:22 PM

Thank you, Kelb. We will be sure to ask our realtor about the roof issues in Newtown Grant and about Yardley Station. We are coming into town next week to look around so any insider info is appreciated.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 AM

Here's the listing for the place in Yardley Station:
Listing Detail for Listing ID# 5497783: Yardley, PA

Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM

101 posts, read 353,348 times
i grew up in richboro about 5 mins from newtown. i would also suggest living in yardley over newtown. i haven't lived in that area in about 13 years but everytime I go back it is very congested and they seem to continue building new shopping centers/housing/traffic in newtown all the time. i think yardley still has a more rural, quiet, less snooty attitude to it.

not exactly sure where sayreville is, but me thinks it's north jersey. that may be a tough commute from newtown or yardley.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:00 PM

117 posts, read 519,240 times
My friends recently bought a house in 100 Acre Woods, and several people I work with live there also. They all live in the twins, not the townhomes, but it is a very family friendly neighborhood, lots of kids, and seems like a nice place to be.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 PM

100 Acre Woods is actually in Holland, west of Newtown...that will just add pain to your commute to NJ.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM

I am now redirecting the search to Yardley! A couple of places I saw online that look interesting are Tanglewood, Aspen Woods, and Stony Hill Homes. Any opinions about these places? Any other suggestions? I heard from Kelb to stay away from the canal and river, and I've read about the flooding issue in other posts. We are looking at both THs and SFHs in the 300s - willing to go to the higher range if it is nice, has everything (at least 3 bedrooms, full finished basement or big loft/extra office space, and -something hard to come by in THs - a 2-car garage), and good schools.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 PM

I like Tanglewood, very convenient to Oxford Valley retail complex and restaurants. Just a little further west...actually Langhorne.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:45 PM

Default Holland?

I just realized that Holland looks very close to the PA Turnpike. If that's the case, then 100 Acre Woods is back in the running! Any guidance in terms of which place (town/development) that would be close - even if it is a bit west, my husband favors getting onto the Turnpike ASAP. From what I can tell from mapquest, Yardley looks a bit far from it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia