Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

What if you have a job from 9am to 5pm how the hell can you see the place if it's in your proce range? This makes no sense at all because I wanna believe that most of the people coming to see the place are employed so it's confusing why they would have such a limited time frame.

Just saw a place at 40th and spruce I would be very interested in and I have no way of seeing the damm place because they don't show the place on saturdays or after 5pm during the week

Does this sound odd to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
No it doesn't. Well the no showing on Saturday sort of does.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,649,418 times
That's annoying, but not really unusual.
A landlord doesn't owe you anything until you sign a lease. They can keep whatever showing hours they want.
Unless it's a renter's market", and demand for space is so low that landlords are competing for scarce tenants, the only one that loses out with their odd hours is the potential tenant who's less motivated than his/her peers.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
That's annoying, but not really unusual.
A landlord doesn't owe you anything until you sign a lease. They can keep whatever showing hours they want.
Unless it's a renter's market", and demand for space is so low that landlords are competing for scarce tenants, the only one that loses out with their odd hours is the potential tenant who's less motivated than his/her peers.

I was going to try to do it on Monday during my lunch break but she said all she has available is 2:30pm

Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,462 times
I recently ran into one who was *only* showing the place Wednesday nights between 6-8pm. If I couldn't make Wednesday night (which was unfortunately the only night that week I couldn't do), I'd have to wait until the next one. Naturally, it was taken by the first person who saw it. Frustrating.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:45 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,053,067 times
In Philadelphia it is a landlord's market. If they can rent with no problem from 9-5 why would they extend hours? Also, if the place is still occupied by the tenant, the showings may be dictated by the lease or agreed upon in advance between the existing tenant and the Landlord. PA landlord/tenant law requires landlords to give advance notice before entering an occupied property.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:55 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
What if you have a job from 9am to 5pm how the hell can you see the place if it's in your proce range? This makes no sense at all because I wanna believe that most of the people coming to see the place are employed so it's confusing why they would have such a limited time frame.

Just saw a place at 40th and spruce I would be very interested in and I have no way of seeing the damm place because they don't show the place on saturdays or after 5pm during the week

Does this sound odd to anyone else?
Don't you have hours of operation on your job, why can't a landlord? Obviously it works for him. It can get very annoying to go out of your way to accomadate looky-loos. Preview properties through a broker, and you might have a better chance of getting your foot in the door after hours.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
I recently ran into one who was *only* showing the place Wednesday nights between 6-8pm. If I couldn't make Wednesday night (which was unfortunately the only night that week I couldn't do), I'd have to wait until the next one. Naturally, it was taken by the first person who saw it. Frustrating.

The place I was trying to see is on 40th and Spruce and since I work on Broad and Chestnut it will be kind of hard to go there and back all in one hour. I barely made it back from looking at a place on 40th and chestnut and that's closer to the El

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,775,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
The place I was trying to see is on 40th and Spruce and since I work on Broad and Chestnut it will be kind of hard to go there and back all in one hour. I barely made it back from looking at a place on 40th and chestnut and that's closer to the El
I am not sure how old you are or where you are coming from but you have very unrealistic expectations about Philadelphia if not life in general. No one and I mean no one is here to do you a favor or help you with your problems (except here on CitiData maybe) As Ms-Christina said, if the landlord was able to rent the place between 9 to 5 in this very tight rental market, why should they keep special hours to do you a favor?

Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I am not sure how old you are or where you are coming from but you have very unrealistic expectations about Philadelphia if not life in general. No one and I mean no one is here to do you a favor or help you with your problems (except here on CitiData maybe) As Ms-Christina said, if the landlord was able to rent the place between 9 to 5 in this very tight rental market, why should they keep special hours to do you a favor?

Maybe because I thought they knew people had jobs??? I believe I clearly stated that's why I was confused. If I work on 5th and market and they can only show the apt at 40th and spruce between 9am and 5pm I have to put in a vacation day to see it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia