U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 AM
 
9 posts, read 42,405 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Is there any alternative to the clunky PDF bus maps on SEPTA's website, here:

SEPTA

I find it almost impossible to figure out which buses go where. The only way is to guess based on the endpoints of the routes listed on the page above.

Any advice or links appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
 
32 posts, read 88,297 times
Reputation: 27
check out Center City District's website. I think they are dev'g a pocket map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 PM
 
939 posts, read 3,130,625 times
Reputation: 619
You might find the online Septa trip planner useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 PM
 
1,261 posts, read 1,805,981 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendelliam View Post
Is there any alternative to the clunky PDF bus maps on SEPTA's website, here:

SEPTA

I find it almost impossible to figure out which buses go where. The only way is to guess based on the endpoints of the routes listed on the page above.

Any advice or links appreciated!

I don't suppose it's an impossiblity to do show stops online. As opposed to my hometown suburban bus though, there are MUCH many more. Plus although the bus stops are listed with ETA and seem generally timely, you can never guess with traffic so....as of right now you are better off getting on the bus, picking up the map and going certain places regularly.

It'd be one thing if the bus is focused on and primarily stops at MAJOR or prominient or popular sites that stick out like a sore thumb so you can easily remember or interpret maps, but cause most are organized around residential areas, it's tough.

I wish SEPTA would upload it's transit maps onto the Google TRANSIT site, that is fairly useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh and Philly
12 posts, read 44,920 times
Reputation: 18
This map is good, but since it is from last year, it does not have some routes like the 72 that starts running in the fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2009, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Winter Garden, FL
324 posts, read 1,126,264 times
Reputation: 145
Septa used to sell a paper map of the entire region with individual bus routes drawn in colors along their routes - I don't know if they still do but when I was younger, my dad swore on it "just in case" he needed to get somewhere without a car

Worse case, you can always ask here - I'm sure there are many people on here that do rely on have in the past used and know/knew the system very well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 12:59 AM
 
1,261 posts, read 1,805,981 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlydude View Post
Septa used to sell a paper map of the entire region with individual bus routes drawn in colors along their routes - I don't know if they still do but when I was younger, my dad swore on it "just in case" he needed to get somewhere without a car

Worse case, you can always ask here - I'm sure there are many people on here that do rely on have in the past used and know/knew the system very well...
Possibly LESS buses at that time? Cause in order to have that work and include SEPTA suburban service you'd need a pretty damn big map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 AM
 
Location: a swanky suburb in my fancy pants
3,391 posts, read 7,740,351 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Possibly LESS buses at that time? Cause in order to have that work and include SEPTA suburban service you'd need a pretty damn big map
It was very large and had amazing detail but being folding paper it wasn't too durable. I still have one (in pieces) that I bought when I moved here, probably around 1990. There was one just for the city and an even bigger one that included all the suburbs. They may still sell it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2009, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh and Philly
12 posts, read 44,920 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
It was very large and had amazing detail but being folding paper it wasn't too durable. I still have one (in pieces) that I bought when I moved here, probably around 1990. There was one just for the city and an even bigger one that included all the suburbs. They may still sell it.
I too have the map, both city and suburb versions. They are dated 2006. It is really large, but also very detailed. They are sold at the Septa store at 1234 market street and online at Septa Store online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayayess1190 View Post
This map is good, but since it is from last year, it does not have some routes like the 72 that starts running in the fall.
Sorry, the link is Greater Philadelphia Regional Transit Map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
 
939 posts, read 3,130,625 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
I wish SEPTA would upload it's transit maps onto the Google TRANSIT site, that is fairly useful.
KYW Newsradio 1060 Philadelphia - SEPTA Embraces Internet for Customer Information Delivery (http://www.kyw1060.com/SEPTA-Embraces-Internet-for-Delivering-Customer-In/4707721 - broken link)

Septa is now on Google maps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top