U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 AM

4 posts, read 6,425 times

Advertisements

hi, traveling to philadelphia for the first time in 1 week and I have a major dilemma. I planned out my trip perfectly where I would be be dropped from the greyhound in Chinatown (Filbert ? I believe) but I have no way of getting to my rental car which at the PHL airport. I am getting into philly at 9:20 and am supposed to pick up the car at 11, is there any inexpensive way for me to get they car without having to resort to a taxi? any advice would be greatly helpful as this is the first time I have ever been to the east coast, well actually the first time I am traveling by myself so I'm kind of nervous

but, thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 04:38 AM

5,673 posts, read 10,245,988 times
Easy - take the R1 regional rail line to the airport. Market East Station is adjacent to the Greyhound station, and it's about a 20 minute train ride to the airport. Get off at one of the terminals and follow the signs for baggage claim, where you will find the rental car pick up stations. The train will be about $5-6.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:00 AM

33 posts, read 99,178 times
ssmitherson,

The R1 is a good option, as you will be right above Market East Station. If you become frustrated though, then you can always take a taxi to the airport. All taxis charge a flat $27 to get to the airport from Center City. (Give them hell if they charge above $30! :-) )

Also, depending on what car rental company you are using, you may be able to pick up the car at a location in center city. I would definetly call the company and see if this is an option.

There is a car rental place and 12th and Walnut (I think). You could walk there from China Town and pick up your car. There are a couple of other companies about 9-10 blocks west of China town that would work too. (Hertz and Enterprise?)

Of course, 30th Street Station has several rental car companies. You could take the subway there in about 5 minutes. (Don't take the regional rail for this, the subway is a different line!)

BTW, Don't mind the bums around China Town/ Market East. They're harmless...

Good Luck on your trip!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:57 PM

thanks sooo much, guys!! i'll try to get my rental car moved first, but if not then i'll try the train option... and if that doesn't work then i'll go for the cab

thanks!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:37 PM

2,189 posts, read 6,852,431 times
I highly recommend the R-1

You didn't say what day you are coming, but here are the schedules:

Weekday

SEPTA

Saturday/Sunday

SEPTA

Note: You want Glenside to Central Philadelphia and Airport.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 AM

i'm actually coming in on a sunday, so according to your schedule i would go according to the market east station I would say about the 9:25/9:55 time I assume according to what time I get to philadelphia.

Thanks, but quick question is the train called the Septa and it would say glenside to phl.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:41 AM

2,189 posts, read 6,852,431 times
The train line is part of The Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Association. (SEPTA). There are several train lines in that system (as well as buses and subways). The trains are the R1, R2, etc. When you get to the Market East station (about a block from the bus station - just ask somebody), there is a board that will tell you where the platform for the airport (R1) train is. You will have to go down a flight of steps. Buy your ticket at the station. Otherwise, you will have to pay an additional fee.

It's really simple and you will be fine.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Thanks soo much!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 PM

5 posts, read 7,033 times
Default Looking for apartment at 33rd-44walnut street

Hi guys

Does anyone know any apartment for rent in this area? Need an apartment urgently.

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or