Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM

21 posts, read 64,008 times

Advertisements

Hey all... Phillyblog transplant here saying my 1st hello's and salutations! On to business...

Semi-long story... Basically, I need a damage estimate for my car and repair ASAP.

I got in a wreck b/c this Valet DBag (more in a sec) pulls out into my middle lane and T-bone's right into my car! Then the snake tries to keep going, till I flash and follow him down the road! I stop, get out, and gesture he should do the same... He gets out, explains he's a valet for a place up the street and that he's going to get the insurance info... wait... waiting...

2min later, the same busted up car arrives where I'm soaked and waiting; a DIFFERENT valet rolls down the window, "hey you the guy that just got hit?! Follow me!" Follow and then spend over an 1hr waiting to get answers. Turns out the DBag parked the car, then just took off running and turned his phone off. The car owner and I had to go through all kinds of hoops to get answers and numbers to call (the owner of the place). Called the police to report it 2x, each time a cop would roll up, crack his window, then just take off, never to be seen again. 2x I called 911 for this Philly http://www.pennjersey.info/forums/images/smilies/bs.gif (broken link)

So the owner of the car and I, (who was just as furious as I was) looked around, expecting some/more/any concern/professionalism from "management;" we need to get separate estimates and submit them to the owner, who is "supposed" to cut us a check to get it all fixed up and thus all of us avoiding insurance and premiums (prob more for the business owner than us).

Where is a decent place to get an estimate (I'm in W/Phila near USP/Penn etc.) The car is "drivable" but it was making some loud and strange noises and the steering is way out of alignment now... I'm def not driving it at all, until it's time for the estimate etc...

Thanks all...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM

*BUMP* Come on 10,000 people+ and nobody has any recommendations?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:26 PM

19 posts, read 60,534 times
Default Mr

As far as I know, you need a police report since it looks like the establishment is trying to pull a fast one on you. You may have to threaten legal action. Most valet drivers don’t have insurance and the establishments hire them without providing any insurance. Go to the closest police station to the accident scene. Good luck.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinreg1 View Post
As far as I know, you need a police report since it looks like the establishment is trying to pull a fast one on you. You may have to threaten legal action. Most valet drivers don’t have insurance and the establishments hire them without providing any insurance. Go to the closest police station to the accident scene. Good luck.

Hey thanks for the advice.... Or I'll have to speak with my attorney-friend and possibly have warning letter sent their way, which I do NOT want to get involved in.

The other party involved in the accident, said he gave them his quotes and they haven't returned calls so... It's a very popular establishment also, I don't want to muddy up waters with courts and threats about going to news papers etc... wtf, you damage someone's property, YOU OUGHT to willing pay up, no questions asked.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 PM

13 posts, read 39,526 times
I hear your frustration. Yuck, what a nightmare.
Took mine to the shop -- "A OK Auto Body,"
1330 Washington Ave.,
(Just east of Broad & Washington)
Philly, of course

215/271- 1951

They did an excellant job...Car was ready the day they said it would be...Called me periodically to give me updates. Were professional...Couldn't have asked for more.

Good luck, JimInNortheast

Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM

110 posts, read 124,036 times
well maybe this is a little late and this isn't exactly in west philly, but i would recommend roxy auto body in chestnut hill... my family's had cars fixed by them for years, they're definitely honest and their labor rates are fairly competitive, hell maybe they'd even give you a discount if you mentioned my name....

anyway as far as paying for the damage goes, assuming you have full coverage, i'd file an "uninsured motorist claim" and have them go after the valet company for reimbursment because it doesn't sound like you're getting anywhere with them and it sounds like they're trying to ********* over...

Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,151 times
GET A POLICE REPORT NOW.

If you never filed one, you may be screwed

Old 08-10-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
GET A POLICE REPORT NOW.

If you never filed one, you may be screwed

I called 911 2x and officers did do a drive by, but neither of them stopped... Is there anything else I can do; I still have the pictures from the day it happened, email correspondence between myself and the owner of the vehicle, showing that it wasn't some fraudulent story...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,733 times
Go to PCTG.ORG if you ever have this kind of problem again. Very Informative! and are there for you the consumer.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 PM

Friendly *BUMP!* Anybody else? I see a LOT of views and few responses (MUCH appreciated btw)... Any thoughts would be not only a great help to myself, BUT to anybody else that ends up in this ridiculous situation who happens to check these forums like I did... but didn't find anything applicable.

Thanks all. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia