Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 08:55 PM

6 posts, read 27,909 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Newtown in December with our almost 3-yr-old. Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good preschools in the area. We would be fine with a regular school or one with a Christian/religious affiliation. Also, can anyone recommend any mom's groups in the area? Any Gymboree/mommy and me/library storytimes/etc. that would be worth our while? Since we are moving the heart of winter, I feel this will be the best way to meet others in the area. Thanks for any advice you can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 PM

692 posts, read 2,351,972 times
Calvary Chapel is a non denominational church about 10 minutes outside of Newtown in Falls Twp that has a lot of youth group/activities/day care etc that a lot of my friends go to with their kids.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:17 PM

34 posts, read 101,047 times
Check out A Childs World located at 2147 S Eagle Road in Newtown.
It is located right behind the Amish market. It is kind of hidden in the back. Both of my children went to pre school there and they both did very well there.

A great place to meet people and they have alot of programs for little kids is the Newtown Athletic Club(NAC). Just a thought

Old 01-08-2010, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,185 times
We, too, are moving to Newtown, probably in March. I have a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old and have been researching preschools. Here is what I have found so far: St. Andrews, Newtown Pres, Montessori, and the Lutheran Church which I think is in Yardley. Most only have afternoon openings. Are there any that I have missed? Woudl love more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia