Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Congrats to the Yankees 4 33.33%
Yankees dont deserve it 3 25.00%
Honestly, I'm still mad over it 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,248,316 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 08:25 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,680,436 times
Yankess are a great team, but I kind of felt like Phillies were the "underdog" that deserved to win even though they won last year. I think the Yankees have already won so many, so I don't really care to see them win. It helps that I live near Philly so I am slightly biased, but I'm not a big sports fan, so I don't really care about teams too much. If someone I know is playing on a team, that would make all the difference for me. We get too hyped up on sports in general, and for the rest of the world its soccer, lol.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,587,544 times
I will never be happy about the smug overpaid yankees winning anything.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:08 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,211 times
I despise them.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:03 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,164,684 times
On one hand, I can be gracious and say that the better team won.

On the other hand, with no salary cap, the Best Team Money Can Buy was probably expected to win. Along with Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers, it would have been a nice vindication to win against similarly-tainted Alex Rodriguez and the Yankees.

And of course, all Philly sports fans "hate" all NYC teams by nature... no matter if/when we play them.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:06 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
You need a fourth choice - I admit they played better, but we still love our Philles!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:22 PM

267 posts, read 950,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
I despise them.
I've lived in the Philadelphia area for 5 years now and still can't get over how sports rule the lives of so many. It's just a silly game. Get over it already. My wife and I joke about the hated flavor of the month around here....and the unprofessional media supports it! It's amazing... Usually the Giants, Mets, Cowboys, now the Yankees....and the head of the transit workers union! Stop blaming and look in the mirror for once...

Why do I never hear anything about the rich American history here?!? Be proud of the city itself and lighten up on the sports.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:10 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,982,950 times
Don't forget about hating the the Braves and the Falcons.

Tampa had a likeable team. If they had won the series last year I would've been happy for them.

There's just nothing to like about the Yankees.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:44 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I've lived in the Philadelphia area for 5 years now and still can't get over how sports rule the lives of so many. It's just a silly game. Get over it already. My wife and I joke about the hated flavor of the month around here....and the unprofessional media supports it! It's amazing... Usually the Giants, Mets, Cowboys, now the Yankees....and the head of the transit workers union! Stop blaming and look in the mirror for once...

Why do I never hear anything about the rich American history here?!? Be proud of the city itself and lighten up on the sports.
Please don't tell me how to live my life and act, and I won't tell you how to live your life and act. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:54 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post

Obviously you are having a problem assimilating

I've been in Arizona longer than you've been in Wynnewood i watched every playoff game and I'm watching the IGGLES play Jerry's Kids right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia