Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 08:55 PM

15 posts, read 63,801 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Tomorrow, I want to go to NY, but I don't know whether Chinatown's bus still work? Or is there anyother good ways for me to go there?

thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:36 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
If the tracks are cleared up enough, you have two options:

1. Take SEPTA's R7 Regional Rail to Trenton and transfer to the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor train to NY Penn Station. Should take just over two hours.

SEPTA | Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority

New Jersey Transit - Home

2. Take Amtrak from 30th Street to NY Penn Station. Same route as SEPTA/NJ Transit with at least twice the cost but a half hour shorter due to fewer stops.

Amtrak

Old 12-19-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
If the tracks are cleared up enough, you have two options:

1. Take SEPTA's R7 Regional Rail to Trenton and transfer to the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor train to NY Penn Station. Should take just over two hours.

SEPTA | Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority

New Jersey Transit - Home

2. Take Amtrak from 30th Street to NY Penn Station. Same route as SEPTA/NJ Transit with at least twice the cost but a half hour shorter due to fewer stops.

Amtrak
Thank you so much for your advice!! You mean train is the only way to NY? I find Amtrak's ticket to NY Penn Station is very expensive tomorrow!

Last edited by FindingZen; 12-19-2009 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 12-19-2009, 09:51 PM

44 posts, read 59,626 times
There are a couple of other bus options for the trip from Philadelphia to NYC:

(1) Boltbus - http://www.boltbus.com from near 30th Street Station
(2) GreyHound - Greyhound Home
(3) Megabus - megabus.com - low cost, daily, express bus service in the US
(4) BustoCity - Pennsylvania Bus - BusToCity
(5) GotoBus - GotoBus - Bus tickets, bus tours and vacation packages - Bus Travel Made Easy

Almost all the websites have a service delay or cancellation notice for tomorrow on their websites, along with a customer service number to call. Call the number to get the latest information.

(6) If you prefer the train, then Amtrak is your choice -

Amtrak

On the left side of Amtrak's homepage, there is a "Status" tab. Click on that, enter the date and From/To stations and click on "Check Status". It shows a lot of service disruption for tomorrow. There's a number to call as well.

Hope that helps,
budweiser

Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
Or you could just rent a car and drive. Most main roads should be cleared by morning. If it's one way arrange to drop the car in NY.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budweiser View Post
There are a couple of other bus options for the trip from Philadelphia to NYC:

(1) Boltbus - http://www.boltbus.com from near 30th Street Station
(2) GreyHound - Greyhound Home
(3) Megabus - megabus.com - low cost, daily, express bus service in the US
(4) BustoCity - Pennsylvania Bus - BusToCity
(5) GotoBus - GotoBus - Bus tickets, bus tours and vacation packages - Bus Travel Made Easy

Almost all the websites have a service delay or cancellation notice for tomorrow on their websites, along with a customer service number to call. Call the number to get the latest information.

(6) If you prefer the train, then Amtrak is your choice -

Amtrak

On the left side of Amtrak's homepage, there is a "Status" tab. Click on that, enter the date and From/To stations and click on "Check Status". It shows a lot of service disruption for tomorrow. There's a number to call as well.

Hope that helps,
budweiser
Yes, you do helped me a lot! Thank you

Old 12-19-2009, 10:45 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
I figured if none of the Chinatown buses were running then it was unlikely the larger bus lines (Greyhound, etc.) were running either. If I'm wrong, then Budweiser certainly gave you a lot of other bus options.

Driving a car rental on the highway might still be risky IMO with this weather.

I have a feeling that Amtrak will be making a lot of money tomorrow between Boston and DC....

Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
My daughter, who lives in Brooklyn, and usually takes Bolt or Megabus, went to Phil. via amtrak Sat. because the buses were all canceled.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:27 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post

Driving a car rental on the highway might still be risky IMO with this weather.

I have a feeling that Amtrak will be making a lot of money tomorrow between Boston and DC....
I was in Cherry Hill shopping at 10:00 AM Sunday morning and the roads were clear, traffic was light and the stores were empty pretty much with people staying home.. I think a drive to NY would have been a breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: