Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 06:25 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I was/am obsessed with Philly dance shows. At age 11, I was able to "pass" for 14 (with the teased hair and black eyeliner) and got into American Bandstand. I was SOOO excited to see the "regulars". They walked by all us nobodies waiting in line and got right into the show. The girl I was with was 14, a beautiful Italian girl who looked like Sophia Loren. She got asked to do the Stomp by one of the regulars, and was right up-front! How exciting! LOL

In the '70's, I was on the disco version of the Jerry Blavat show a few times.

In 2005-07, I was one of the first white folks to appear on "Soul Line", a local line-dance show. Sadly, it went off the air a couple years ago, but at least I DO have tapes of that one!
Wow, we have a live "dancing machine" in our midst! Thanks for sharing your memories with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 8,381 times
I use to be a regular on the show, I went by the name of Cool Curt and
Now I have a business called Curt Tucker Films that was just featured on
NBC 3 for a story. [url=http://cbs3.com/video/?cid=5]Video: Almanacs Make Winter Weather Predictions « CBS Philly – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of Philadelphia[/url]

Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
I remember it well..

YouTube - dancin on air pt 1 1984 wphl-tv 17 philadelphia,pa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO_i-2SEL8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKCKhQI4Zhw

Old 03-17-2011, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,071 times
Default dancing on air tv show philadelphia pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
Does anyone here remember the t.v. show, Dancin' on Air? Something made me think of it the other day. It was a dance show, somewhat similar to Bandstand, that was on a local t.v. channel in the 1980s. It was a pretty popular show. After attending some dances hosted by the show, sometime in 1983 I got onto DOA and was able to get back on a few more times. It was a blast and I remember my family was so excited to see me dancing on t.v. At the time, VCRs were new (and very expensive) so we didn't have one, so I don't have the tapes (man, I wish I did!!!)

I remember getting a big thrill after I had been on the show about 3 times...I was walking around the local mall and some kids came up to me and asked me if I was on Dancin' on Air? I thought I was famous!!!

I do remember being irritated by the "regulars" who would hog up all the prime floor space. At commercial breaks, we were instructed to all rotate on the dance floor so that everyone would get a chance to dance near the cameras in the front, but the regulars didn't move and nobody made them.

Anyone else been on the show or have memories to share?
i was a big fan of scott feeley i drove him to dancing on air tv show in philadelphia pa at wphl studios 17.i met eddie bruce and jaimmie was a blast

Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 7,654 times
Omg! Yes, Wow!, My name is Reina Vasquez I remember Dancin on Air. I danced on the show a few times. Wow after that I was famous so I thought lol, everywhere I went people would scream "arent u on Dancin on Air. Some even ask me for a autogragh. I remember like it was today. Wish I can go back aleast for a day. So my daughters can be on the show. We are all professional dancers.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM

263 posts, read 757,214 times
Did you guys know that on Saturday night June 23rd 8pm-12am WPHL is showing 4 old episodes of Dancin' On Air?

For info., check out the Dancin' on Air Facebook page.

I already have it set up on my DVR!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
Did you guys know that on Saturday night June 23rd 8pm-12am WPHL is showing 4 old episodes of Dancin' On Air?

For info., check out the Dancin' on Air Facebook page.

I already have it set up on my DVR!!!
July 23rd

Old 07-14-2011, 12:08 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
I think his name was Bobby Catalano? And during that "world-changing" lip-synch event, he sang "Careless Whisper" by Wham/George Michael.

And no, I don't know why I remember that.

Now that made me laugh but sadly you made me remember that too

Old 07-14-2011, 07:41 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,895,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina E Vasquez View Post
Omg! Yes, Wow!, My name is Reina Vasquez I remember Dancin on Air. I danced on the show a few times. Wow after that I was famous so I thought lol, everywhere I went people would scream "arent u on Dancin on Air. Some even ask me for a autogragh. I remember like it was today. Wish I can go back aleast for a day. So my daughters can be on the show. We are all professional dancers.
Reina!!! Renia!!! Renia!!!! Ahhhhhhh..I remember you!!!!!!! Can I have a autograph????!!!

No I don't remember but I do remember seeing some of them hanging at the Gallery when it was a somewhat new & kool place for us kids to hang out and people would point & stare at that dude Sterling who looked like Michael Jackson, or the spanish kid named Snake & his boy Rennie from the Scanner Boys.., I really liked Cinnamon & her friend Tuesday..

Ahhh the good ol days we HAD soooo much innocent fun in Philly back then..

Old 11-11-2016, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,931 times
Default Looking for TUESDAY SMALL- Fr: Dancin On Air/West Philly 63rd and Pine back in 1982

Hey! I'm Christopher from the Dancin' On Air Show 1983-1984, I'm trying to locate her since her house burned down on 63rd and Pine Sts back in the late 80's. We were seeing each other for a couple of yrs. she was my girl at the time and I never saw her again, Except when I ran into her brother after they rebuilt her house. If you hear anything hit me up... I miss her and would love to talk to her

Christopher Cell -610-780-9345
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia