Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,668,656 times

Advertisements

Hello friends, just wanted to touch base with you on a subject that is heating up on the Pittsburgh boards. In the city of Pittsburgh, those who have to park on the city streets will place a chair or some other ridiculous object to save their spot when they leave. Those who support this feel if they spent hours shovelling snow off of the spot that they have rights to it. I think it's ridiculous, there are certain facts you have to face when parking on the street.

So does this happen in Philadelphia? If so, do residents respect this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times
Yes, it does happen in Philadelphia! I told you to do a google news search.

Here's a news story where they are asking Philadelphia residents to send pictures of how parking spaces are saved in Philadelphia!

How Do They Save Spaces On Your Street? (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/seen_on_tv/020910_Parking_Space_Saving_Wars_In_Philadelphia - broken link)

Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yes, it does happen in Philadelphia! I told you to do a google news search.

Here's a news story where they are asking Philadelphia residents to send pictures of how parking spaces are saved in Philadelphia!

How Do They Save Spaces On Your Street? (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/seen_on_tv/020910_Parking_Space_Saving_Wars_In_Philadelphia - broken link)
Maybe you out to check this out.....

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...y-streets.html

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,395,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
So does this happen in Philadelphia?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does a bear shyt in the woods?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 AM

10,220 posts, read 16,720,686 times
yes, all the time and people are just as diametrically opposed in Philly. both sides have a point, IMO.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM

418 posts, read 1,343,247 times
.. generally think it is a ghetto practice ..
.. have no objection for elderly, ill or folks with small children ..
... able bodied adults should .. shovel .. walk ... help the elderly, ill and folks with small children ..
.. that is what on our street in Fishtown .. for the most part ..

Old 02-10-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does a bear shyt in the woods?
Ok, so tell me, as I asked, do people work together and honor it or do people laugh at it and disrespect it?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 PM

24,334 posts, read 22,881,617 times
LOL, a friend in Reading once tried to save a space and somebody stole his chairs. Just beat up old kitchen chairs but they were nice enough for somebody to take home. This last week's storm a lot of people didn't even dig out, I don't want to think about what it will be like now. Its the same in Philly, people get short tempered over spaces. In Reading two old guys got in a fight over a handicapped space and one was murdered over it. In Philly a guy shot a young girl over a snowball fight and another guy shot a kid for not getting out of the way of his car. Don't get me started on how badly the handicapped parking tags are abused in Pa....if the state wanted to make some extra money they could put a $500 fine on anybody using those tags that doesn't deserve them( about half the users)

Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM

418 posts, read 1,343,247 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Ok, so tell me, as I asked, do people work together and honor it or do people laugh at it and disrespect it?
I leave it be and don't touch it ...

The one exception being the time someone had the huge B^!!$ ..
To put a chair in front of my house ...

p.s. thank you for shoveling a spot for me ...

Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM

32,753 posts, read 35,950,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes View Post
To put a chair in front of my house ...

p.s. thank you for shoveling a spot for me ...
And thanks for the new chair!

I won't take someone else's spot.

I'm not that young. If someone took my shoveled out spot, I'd probably cry or something. Then I'd call my friend with the plow on his pickup and have the usurper walled in. Seriously, people have heart attacks shoveling. Taking someone's spot is an act of hostility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia