Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 04:33 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times

Advertisements

Those who are familiar with the Duality Mirror concept, will know that OP is right. Thank you for kind post.
In OP reality, Duality Mirror reflects the reality such as seen by OP.

That said, every other poster is also correct. their Duality Mirrors reflect their realities such as seen by them.

Reality is ONLY as you wish it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 04:43 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Reality is ONLY as you wish it to be.
True. "Reality" can vary considerably from person to person. One could conceivably tune out the evils of mankind, and only see the good that is possible (like the OP). That could be his/her reality. Another could tune out all good and healthy traits of mankind, and only see evil. Another could have a 50/50 mix, another 85/15 mix, etc.

There's no way we're going to get agreement here. We'll mostly see the "glass" differently: half-full, half-empty, full, empty, broken, etc.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-10-2018 at 05:11 PM..

Old 04-10-2018, 05:29 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,982,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
True. "Reality" can vary considerably from person to person. One could conceivably tune out the evils of mankind, and only see the good that is possible (like the OP). That could be his/her reality. Another could tune out all good and healthy traits of mankind, and only see evil. Another could have a 50/50 mix, another 85/15 mix, etc.

There's no way we're going to get agreement here. We'll mostly see the "glass" differently: half-full, half-empty, full, empty, broken, etc.
..i agree 100% with what you say...the op made a declarative statement...'humanity is great', and i took umbrage with that...probably should have started it..."i see humanity as great....'

...my 2 cents...

Old 04-10-2018, 09:28 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
..i agree 100% with what you say...the op made a declarative statement...'humanity is great', and i took umbrage with that...probably should have started it..."i see humanity as great....'.
That's a great point too. It's a sign of maturity how one words a statement and viewpoint. Those that give blanket statements along the lines "this is the way it is" come across as immature and naive. Those that paraphrase the points "As I see it, this is the way..." understand that matters vary from person to person, mind to mind, viewpoint to viewpoint. The second person will be listened to closer, and given more attention and respect.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:38 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
That's a great point too. It's a sign of maturity how one words a statement and viewpoint. Those that give blanket statements along the lines "this is the way it is" come across as immature and naive. Those that paraphrase the points "As I see it, this is the way..." understand that matters vary from person to person, mind to mind, viewpoint to viewpoint. The second person will be listened to closer, and given more attention and respect.
I probably should have done that.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:49 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Quote:
LOL I suppose slavery, war, crime, racism, and other like-traits of the human race are wonderful too. We are the universe's most perfect and supreme creatures! Pass the delusion and blindness, please.
As bad as those things are, those are simply effects, not causes. The cause is that even aside from resource competition, we still tend to be exploitative, petty, judgemental, dishonest in matters where honesty if of high importance, sometimes violent and abusive. Even what so-called progress we have made is more illusory than real. Gandhi, MLK, and Mandela succeeded only because the oppressed gained enough power to make their oppressors think twice before oppressing them again. In effect, people think that The Golden Rule is only for those who can keep others from taking them away. If that's our litmus test for determining who deserves even the basics of rights, equality, and dignity, then why should I believe humans are so great, so wonderful, so forth

Old 04-11-2018, 07:55 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
And for every example you gave there are 10 more that charity, support, and well being between human beings.
I guess the millions of kids who starve to death every year don’t know how good they have it. Or the parents who lost their kids from a mass shooting. Or the parents who decided to kill all 6 of their adopted children by driving off a 100 foot clip.

Life itself can be great, as in existing and living in a 1st world country. But humanity is horrible.

Talk to me about the charity and support between human beings when there’s world peace. If humans can achieve that, which is free, the you can call humanity great.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:01 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Actually, reality IS as one wishes it to be. Consciously or not. Mostly unconsciously, by what is called internal desire. Except that it, due to Duality Mirror principle,reflects ones image of reality. And mirrors are mirrors.
See, I am not referring to reality as you know it. I am referring to the Space of Variants. In Space of Variants, everything and anything is possible and becomes real. Physically real. Space of Variants is responding to only the thought "energy". Same energy Consciousness is made of. And Consciousness is the alpha and omega of anything and everything, being organizational principle of reality known and unknown. Or, the Space of Variants.
In that Space, what one "imagines" of reality - becomes reality. Literally. Problem is, internal desire is 99% subconscious and results in ones reality the way ones reality is.
Only those who manage to control the external desire will create reality as they want it to be. Consciously want to. Except that no one is really conscious, majority, predominant majority, is fast asleep through their "conscious" life.
Space of Variants simply responds to proper request by providing a line in it, where that request is actual, exteriorized, materialized.

Actually, it's even in the Bible. Ask and it will be given. You just need to know how to ask and what to ask for.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:12 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
LOL I suppose slavery, war, crime, racism, and other like-traits of the human race are wonderful too. We are the universe's most perfect and supreme creatures! Pass the delusion and blindness, please.

You cant over look the obvious, sugarcoat everything and live in a fantasy world. The world is a wonderful place, until you add the human race. Thats there, you just try and not see it.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:58 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I didn't no where else to put this so I thought the most likely place it should be is here on the philosophy forum.

The human race is made up of the most kind and sincere living beings in the world. We are capable of such great acts and are worries are self made.

We had no reason to be concerned about the suffering of lesser beings, the homeless, dogs, the environment, etc. but of our own makings we put the weight on our own shoulders.

And on a personal level I have learned that the only reason I am where I am is because of the respect and kindness I have been shown by others, be they friends or strangers. Surely there are times of cruelty and darkness but coming out on the other end with a smile and genuine hope for the future is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Even at times when I'm down and someone smiles at me (whether it be for a reason or no reason at all) the affects are what help me go on day by day.

There is such goodness in the world and in other humans that there need not be and yet here it is. The caring for one another and the support given even when not needed.

This world is, in its most natural state, a free and beautiful place and I wish everyone here on CD a fantastic day and even more to come in the future
You're putting us on - aren't you, bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy