Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,343,087 times

Advertisements

1) I wish I did have more self confidence
2) I wish I hadn't given my heart away so easily, so many times
3) I wish I could move on from the past and not look back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM

393 posts, read 1,498,773 times
1) I wish I had gone to culinary school directly after high school instead of going to college.

2) I wish I hadn't squandered away my early and mid-twenties by being too afraid and apathetic to experience new relationships and allow any of them to really blossom

3) I wish I could convince my immediate family to move to my ideal city with me where we'd live happily ever after and I'd meet the soul mate I've been waiting for my whole life.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,845,101 times
I wish I had a degree in theatre and got married , had children many years ogo.
I wish I did not waste my precious time .
I wish I could travel to a foreign country .

Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 PM

213 posts, read 784,467 times
I wish I had at least some of the answers.

I wish I didn't have absentee parents growing up.

I wish I could open people's eyes to the things they have right there, right in front of them.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,666,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinolala View Post
List 1 for each catergory:

1) I wish I did___________

2) I wish I hadn't _________

3) I wish I could __________

Here's mine

I wish I were better with my finances when I was younger
I wish I hadn't gotten married the first time
I wish I could stop procastinating
Had pursued a career other than my previous one!
Let one of my previous boyfriends go!
Win the lottery and live happily ever after in a cottage with my doggies! A white picket fence, the whole nine yards! And the most important...meet someone who would love my doggies as much as I do!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:47 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,870,181 times
Thanks for sharing these! It's hard to narrow our lives down to a small list of things, but some of these are pretty deep and insightful. I hope we all can get past what we wish we had done, or hadn't done and all reach success with #3.

Anyone else out there want to share?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,724,803 times
Here's mine, thanks for asking!

1) I wish I did go to college earlier so that I could have finished law school earlier. (I finished undergrad, but did not start law school)
2) I wish I hadn't wasted my 20s partying and did something more productive.
3) I wish I could move now instead of later (I'm waiting on my DH to finish school).

Old 08-17-2017, 08:38 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,913 times
I wish I had better understood and achieved what was expected of me in what many of you would call my senior year of college. Then I'd be teaching courses instead of doing them in a half-hearted attempt to recreate my past and get it right.

I wish I hadn't taken so many creative writing classes that only taught me to doubt myself and make everything a second guess.

I wish I could make sense of this world I feel I've been drop-kicked into, and learn to follow the instincts I can't even hear.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:24 PM

20,409 posts, read 14,693,571 times
1. I wish I did leave and divorce my ex husband in 2014, when our finances were as good as they were ever going to get and I first started to know that it was going to inevitably happen. Waiting for a more optimal situation on several logistical fronts was a mistake. If you know you're headed for divorce, "stuff" isn't going to get better, it's gonna get worse. Just do it.

2. I wish I hadn't spent some of the money I did in the ways that I did over the years. Wished I'd saved up instead.

3. I wish I could pursue one of the entrepreneurial ideas I have without such fear of risk. Maybe once my sons are grown...

I do not regret my marriage even though it wasn't great, because I love the two kids who came out of it, and I don't regret trying to do what I thought was best for them in attempting to keep my relationship together, for the most part. I have good kids. I'm grateful for that.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:04 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,552,505 times
Wish I did pursue a career in voiceover work much earlier in life.

Wish I didn't have such a negative outlook on new situations, would be cool to just go with the flow with a more positive attitude as opposed to expecting things to go South.

Wish I could fly, I'd pick yoooooouuu up, and take you into the night, and show you a love...like you've never seen....never seen....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy