Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,321 times

Advertisements

I have a dead pine tree in front of the house that needs to be removed...our budget is very tight, so I'm looking for someone to remove it for a very reasonable fee. If you have any recommendations, I'd appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 01:36 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
I don't have anybody to recommend, but wanted to "warn" you that it will be a bit pricey depending on size and that you can choose to have it cut down to within a foot or so of the ground, leaving a very short stump, or, for more money, they'll grind out the stump and leave the area looking more like nothing was ever there.....also, there may be a bit of a rise in the ground leftover after it's all done....

just giving you some things you'll encounter....

how tall is the tree?

our HOA cut down a dead eucalyptus about 40-50' tall and it was $2,000...lowest bid and they did a good job....

Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,054,901 times
Hi Nik: I have used people from Craig's List several times for work around the house, inside and out. I put the ad in "Gigs" and explain how tall the tree is, and how big around the trunk is. Then ask for bids. And sit back and watch the emails roll in. You can pick from the ones that can spell and give you their phone numbers. I had a tree removed in front, a sidewalk replaced, a big tree trimmed, my roof repaired, some patio work done and branches cut up and hauled away, all by different people on CL. Good Luck.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:20 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,414,283 times
I would suggest getting the trunk removed, not sure if pine trees do the same thing as my palo verde, but the stump was cut down to the gravel, and then covered with rocks, the stump began to grow again, sprouted tons of branches, and is a pain in the butt to keep down.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM

537 posts, read 1,545,048 times
I use a company called Design Tree Maintenance. They're located in Glendale and have really professional people. I had an Elderica Pine removed from my back yard. They brought out a crane and cut the tree into huge pieces, and lifted them over the house and into the street for further cutting and chipping. Later they ground the stump so there was no evidence that the tree was ever there. That was $900. They did it quickly and they are insured. The guy I called from Craigslist want $1500. to do the whole thing by hand. The tree was 40 feet tall but the bugs had moved into it. More recently I paid them $2000. to do major tree trimming and power inject living organisms into my yard. They took out a big 60 year old Rhus Lancia tree (I can't remember the common name) from my front yard. That one had a heck of a trunk to grind. All evidence of that is gone. The best part is that they're insured and work fast. Really nice people. I'll look up the phone number and post it. The arborist is named "Ben" who comes out and makes a bid.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 PM

537 posts, read 1,545,048 times
Tree & Landscaping | Yard Clean-up & Maintenance | Removals | Design Tree Maintenance

Design Tree Maintenance

602-439-LIMB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area