U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM

106 posts, read 264,097 times

Advertisements

well it looks for sure that i am taking the teaching job in buckeye. i am pretty excited, now i have to start planning the move and a place to live.

the school i will be teaching at is west park elementary in buckeye!

i would like to find a great apartment complex in a safe neighborhood, it doesn't have to be in buckeye, but at least no more than a 20-25 minute drive to my school. i know that buckeye is growing with shopping, etc. and i don't mind driving to get to a walmart or target as long as it isn't like 20 miles away!

i would like it to be 1 bedroom, (no studios!!!) and 1 bath, and with a price range at least between $400-650 a month. i am a teacher, single on a teachers salary. does anyone have any suggestions of apartment complexes that could fit this description? i have been on a couple of apartment guide websites, like rent.com and see a couple of complexes in buckeye, cholla ranch and riverwood apartments. does anyone know anything about the neighborhood around these areas or even know of anyone who lives in these areas.

how feasible would it be living in either avondale or goodyear to commute to buckeye to my school? if any of these two suburbs are great, or anyone know of apartment complexes in these areas that would be great!

sorry i am asking soooo many questions, but this forum has been awesome with answering questions to people who are relocating! arizona has definitely been great for me as far as getting calls for teaching jobs and i am glad to know tha teachers are needed out here! thanks!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,737,950 times
There aren't many apartments in Buckeye itself.. Actually, the only complex that comes to mind is ..Cholla Ranch? I think its called. On the corner of Miller and Baseline. Looks like a pretty nice place.

I think there are more than a few good complexes in Goodyear, though. And you'd have a reverse commute - so it wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:12 AM

3,632 posts, read 15,433,476 times
You probably won't find a great apartment for $400-650 either. The rents out here are raising. A great one bedroom is usually $700+. Of course there are cheaper, older complexes but that won't be that great.

I remember $400-550 apts being really crappy years ago. Most of my mentally ill clients are paying that much or more for very undesirable places.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 AM

4,271 posts, read 14,656,873 times
haha Cody - you beat me. Cholla Ranch is right near my house and the only decent apt complex that I noticed. It seems all right - usual apartment crowd, I think. The cool thing about it is the rent can be based on your income. I would call them to see how much it would cost based on what you'll be making as a teacher. The only thing is, it's a good 5 miles to I-10 (the heartline to everywhere you want to go!) and I know 5 miles doesn't seem far but I have to do it EVERYDAY and see it as a huge waste of time! Anyway, here's a link to the apartment: Cholla Ranch in Buckeye, AZ. For the price you're looking for, I don't think it will be too easy but I didn't look very hard for apartments. Good luck!

Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 AM

4,271 posts, read 14,656,873 times
P.S. Your commute from Avondale/Goodyear shouldn't be too bad. There are good parts and bad parts of town so do your research. I haven't lived here long enough to give you good advice though - sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area