Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:36 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,873 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen this?

2 Hospitalized in Road Rage Rollover (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/traffic/road-rage-rollover-9-30-2010 - broken link)

This kind of thing really makes me mad
What is it with these people that they have to drive like fuc**** maniacs, use their vehicles as weapons, and put peoples lives in jeapordy? Was it really that important to be first in the merge lane?
This guy driving the Mercedes had to have seen that SUV flip and he still just drove off. I'll bet any money he's already had several previous traffic citations.
I hope they find this douche bag soon and charge him with everything they can!

On another note, the woman and her daughter in the SUV probably were not wearing seat belts seeing as they were thrown from the vehicle...I hate to admonish the victims in this case, but I can't believe there are people in this day and age who still do not wear seat belts while driving.
Especially in this city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
I sure hope they catch the Mercedes driver. Cutting off the SUV then slamming on the brakes in front of it is inexcusable.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM

124 posts, read 661,372 times
I remember the awful drivers in AZ...they are everywhere, but even more so in the phoenix area...likely due to so many people moving there from all different states and bringing bad habits with them...I was horrified at all the crosses I saw along the 101 everyday....: (( And yes PSG...I myself cannot belive how many people still do not wear seatbelts...and parents who STILL do not make the kids buckle up....BAD PARENTS!!!! I worked as a nurse in a rehab where alot of car accidents came in....we had a young girl, only 19 paralized from the waist down because her car rolled over on her and she had no seatbelt on...if she had only had that belt on, she might not have been thrown out the window and had the car roll on her. Sad stuff

Old 10-01-2010, 11:06 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
I could not agree more, PSG.

"Blaming the victim" has become a big PC NO NO nowadays, however, far too often it needs to be addressed.

Regardless of the wrongs by the Mercedes driver . . . what kind of example is this mother setting for her teenage daughter? Does she usually drive this recklessly, especially with her own kids in the vehicle?

Bottom line . . . TWO WRONGS DO NOT A RIGHT MAKE.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 AM

570 posts, read 1,753,689 times
I must say there are plenty of drivers out there that cause road rage that shouldn't be on the road. They have no courtesy for other drivers; cluelessly cruising along under the speed limit in the fast lane; in such a hurry that they pull out from a parking lot/side street in front of you making you hit your brakes hard but then they drive real slow; semi drivers cutting you off then going slow, etc.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, PSG.

"Blaming the victim" has become a big PC NO NO nowadays, however, far too often it needs to be addressed.

Regardless of the wrongs by the Mercedes driver . . . what kind of example is this mother setting for her teenage daughter? Does she usually drive this recklessly, especially with her own kids in the vehicle?

Bottom line . . . TWO WRONGS DO NOT A RIGHT MAKE.
yeah but I don't think she was necessarily driving recklessly...one car has to speed up to merge, the others need to slow down. Those merging lanes do not always say who is to merge into which lane.....
But to get pissed off because someone got in front of you is ridiculous.
But once again-yes they should have been belted in.
Anyone that rides in my car has to wear a seat belt no debating that one! Because even if your the best driver in the world, other people aren't.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:49 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
I will not lie, back in Phoenix when the Fast and Furious days were going on I had a boosted Supra Turbo and Probe that were both heavily modified. I viewed every opportunity as two lanes merging into one as a race, and I rarely lost. I am sure most will agree, the problem was that the Mercedes SLAMMED ON THEIR BRAKES!!!! Why??? I never nor ever would do that. The Mercedes won and that should have been the end of it. I hope the Mercedes driver gets caught and severely reprimanded for this.

P.S. If anyone even dares to chastise me, you know you have done the same, at least in your younger days. I even had soccer moms race me in their Lexus's and BMW's so you know who you are.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:57 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
Road rage is very common in ca. Get caught & you will surely pay the piper.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:02 PM

10 posts, read 24,834 times
i am sure the women in the suv could not handle her vehicle.. when are we going to learn to just slow down and let the jerkys have their way. We all have one thing we want to do and that is to make it safe to where ever we are going.We all need to slow down and live another day.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlstupid View Post
i am sure the women in the suv could not handle her vehicle.. when are we going to learn to just slow down and let the jerkys have their way. We all have one thing we want to do and that is to make it safe to where ever we are going.We all need to slow down and live another day.
yeah another day in the jungle! (or in this case,the desert)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area