Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 AM

674 posts, read 2,553,955 times

Advertisements

That's too bad. I remember my dad taking me to see a race when I was little. We sat in the front row and I got dirt in my eyes from the cars, he said next time we would sit in the back but we never went back. I wanted to take my son to see a race but apparently it closed and it's going to be demolished.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower123 View Post
That's too bad. I remember my dad taking me to see a race when I was little. We sat in the front row and I got dirt in my eyes from the cars, he said next time we would sit in the back but we never went back. I wanted to take my son to see a race but apparently it closed and it's going to be demolished.

Too bad. It was an iconic place. I remember watching Billy Boat tear up the track there years ago.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:15 PM

660 posts, read 1,398,053 times
Here's a recap of the last race:
New Page 0

I guess it got a little ugly as the owner sold the place to developers and some people were not pleased with that:
"This is in the Feb 2010 issue of flat out magazine and posted in the forum section at...http://www.abcmotorsports.com/
It's rare and generally frowned upon in the Hall of Fame community but the Arizona Motorsports Hall of Fame took the extraordinary step to expel Mel Martin from their ranks after he sold Manzanita Speedway to developers. In a letter to Martin from the eight member comittee, Martin was accused of "turning you back on the fans, car owners, sponsors, drivers and others involved in the sport and therefore we take this action to keep this Hall of Fame for persons dedicated to the sport. We further feel that your actions this year far outweighs the things you did for the sport in the early years." Adding a final insult, in the paragraph , Martin was asked to return his induction plaque. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area