U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 PM

35 posts, read 91,671 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move to The greater Phoenix area..will be working in Chandler and need advice on area to move too. My stats are...single, no kids, mid 30's, make decent money(used to high rent from here in Los Angeles so 800-1200$ month for an apt) and I want an area thats safer but fun..medium nightlife, good shopping, nice men to meet, pretty atmosphere but not too college based just mostly safe and mid 30's people who work and relax and hang out.. Any suggestions? Ive read maybe Gilbert, Chandler or Scottsdale? I have a friend in mesa but i think shes not a huge fan of it...Ideas?? help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 PM

53,833 posts, read 32,220,667 times
Scottsdale or Tempe would be your best choice for a good nightlife. It's also a very good idea here to be as close to your work as possible so you won't have to spend too much time on freeways or surface streets. We don't have quite as many freeways here as you do in LA. I know how much of a hassle it is to drive on LA's freeways, but it's still not as bad here, at least yet, so logically it's better to spend 20 minutes rather than an hour on each commute, and south Scottsdale or Tempe would be the ideal location that's a short distance away from Chandler.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 PM

Oh thank you so much so South Scottsdale is nice??

Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 PM

72 posts, read 221,671 times
Hi...We just moved from LA on the 1st of this month to Chandler (from SF Valley). The big shocker for me was that NOTHING was cheap compared to LA. I am paying 1025+water for a two bedroom apt. and was paying 1090 no water bill for two bedroom in LA! The food is same cost, cloths too and the rest of the stuff. I was really dissapointed cuz I thought maybe the move will save me some $$

Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 PM

343 posts, read 484,210 times
Chandler by far is your best bet, especially if you work there. You can also find many working professionals who live there in your age group. Scottsdale has that group too, but you can always drive to Scottsdale. Chandler offers as many options as Scottsdale. Essentially they both offer the same things, but you'd be closer to work. Mesa is great too, if your friend knew where to go hang out.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Thank you for your help! I was hoping i'd save a bit of money too..shoot! Do to some personal issues im just looking for a fresh start and my work is in Chandler too and I am just having no luck at finding Mr Right in LA I was hoping Phoenix might be a step in the right direction...

Old 07-12-2007, 12:09 AM

Maybe you can find "Mr. Right Now"! Kidding, but Chandler has a perfect blend for that age group. Cougars and kittens.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Thank you so much ...You are as your name very Nice hehe

Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,149,659 times
Quote:
I am paying 1025+water for a two bedroom apt.
Man, you got a bad deal. If you had used craigslist you would have found homes renting for that much or even less.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:04 PM

If I was renting a two bedroom apartment for 1025+water, I'd get out! Break the lease, there are many ways to do so. A good 3 bedroom home can run you less, and you would have a garage, too. Utilities are a little higher, but the space makes up for it. Much more privacy would be better,too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>