U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 10:35 PM

3,805 posts, read 11,267,983 times

Advertisements

Went and checked out the new iPic Theatres at the Scottsdale Quarter tonight. This place is insane...it's like the W Scottsdale mixed with a movie theatre.

First, the seats. Wow. They are unbelievably plush, and they recline. Each has a swiveling table to place your drink/food on which is served by one of many waiters. You get a blanket or pillow if you wish and a "free" popcorn plus valet parking. I say "free" because tickets are $25 once they open this Friday.

They are doing free movies and food and drinks (cocktails, beers, wine) Monday and Tuesday but you have to make reservations. Seriously check it out.

Now about Scottsdale Quarter. This place is seriously impressing me. I know it's a "fake" downtown scene but it works. Coupled with Kierland Commons across the street (and I understand they are working on putting a stop light/crosswalk there), you have a seriously large pedestrian area that really feels urban. They did a great job with mixing up the architecture, the place has some really nice restaurants and more to come. I need to stop by with the nice camera both day and night and take some good shots as these were snapped with my cell phone while walking back to the car.

[b]Lounge area inside theatre...

And the bar.

Concession area.

Bathrooms. Tell me these don't look like a high end hotel, right?

Angus Beef Sliders, delicious even though they don't look it in the picture.

Premium seats. They also have more normal seats that don't recline for a cheaper price but you gotta do these.

Ticket "booth". It's like checking into a hotel.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM

By the way, here is the link if you guys want to check it out today or tomorrow. I suggest you do, especially since its free and you're getting quite a bit. Our mock bill (they gave us one for practice purposes) was $93 not including the movie tickets. With tickets, it would have been $193 for 4 people.

Mock Service - IPic Theaters (http://www.ipictheaters.com/mock-service.html - broken link)

Old 12-13-2010, 01:29 PM

270 posts, read 793,251 times
Great sneak preview! Looks really nice. We're going to hopefully check it out out tomorrow night, thanks for the link. Been calling but so far have not gotten through, "mailbox not set up".

Old 12-13-2010, 01:35 PM

Are you calling the right number and are you pressing #3 at the auto message thing. 480-483-3232.

I've gotten a live person every time I called.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:44 PM

270 posts, read 793,251 times
Thanks HXGuy My husband must have been redialing the wrong # Looking forward to it!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM

117 posts, read 151,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
By the way, here is the link if you guys want to check it out today or tomorrow. I suggest you do, especially since its free and you're getting quite a bit. Our mock bill (they gave us one for practice purposes) was $93 not including the movie tickets. With tickets, it would have been $193 for 4 people.

Mock Service - IPic Theaters (http://www.ipictheaters.com/mock-service.html - broken link)
What did the $93 include, the sliders, drinks....Is the $25 for the premium seats or regular? Cool pics thanks for showing.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 PM

$93 included 4 entrees and 4 cocktails. Tickets are $25 for the VIP seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>