U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:59 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,800,200 times

Advertisements

I lived in Phoenix for 5 years and disliked it. It is a giant LA East in my opinion. And enjoy protecting yourself from identity theft and paying obnoxious car insurance rates due to the number of no US residents and its proximity to Mexico car bandits.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-10-2006, 04:05 PM

214 posts, read 1,272,680 times
Phoenix is 'bought out' for the bargains in housing it was some years ago. For me (after 16yrs) it's a great deal (house is 3x paid price) but if you want long term value I'd opt for ABQ.

My money says that NM is a coming Phoenix. Tech and such has not taken hold there as quickly but I have long term investments there that hope it does. No promises but you'll see far more long term gains for your housing there than you will here in AZ any more.

If simply looking for a place to live and enjoy, currently PHX is far ahead right now with sports, concerts, entertainment, food etc. etc. But I'd say 20+ years ago this was not true here either. If you're living for the moment we haveit- at a price. If you're in it for the long haul- head east.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:54 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,234,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd TCE View Post
Phoenix is 'bought out' for the bargains in housing it was some years ago. For me (after 16yrs) it's a great deal (house is 3x paid price) but if you want long term value I'd opt for ABQ.

My money says that NM is a coming Phoenix. Tech and such has not taken hold there as quickly but I have long term investments there that hope it does. No promises but you'll see far more long term gains for your housing there than you will here in AZ any more.

If simply looking for a place to live and enjoy, currently PHX is far ahead right now with sports, concerts, entertainment, food etc. etc. But I'd say 20+ years ago this was not true here either. If you're living for the moment we haveit- at a price. If you're in it for the long haul- head east.

My money is on North Carolina too. Lots moving there look at the NC forum.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:47 PM

710 posts, read 2,853,669 times
I love both Phoenix and Albuquerque. I think Albuquerque is finally starting to have the explosive growth that many other Southwestern cities have been experiencing for decades. Finding a 1,700 to 2,000 sq ft home in Albuquerque or Rio Rancho for $180-200,000 is easy to do. I personally would take ABQ over Rio Rancho, but Rio Rancho is easily the fastest growing city in NM. The new downtown should bring quality entertainment and retail to that area for the first time. There are so many charming parts of our city like Downtown, Nob Hill, Uptown, Paseo corridor, the North and South Valleys that you should easily find what you are looking for here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area