Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 PM

8 posts, read 15,455 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am new to this forum and will be new to Scottsdale. I will be moving to AZ from FL this June and am in need of some major help! I will be a resident physician at Mayo Clinic so would like to be fairly close to the hospital. I am also a single male in upper 20's so would like a fun happening apartment as well. Good pool, activities, close to nightlife, restaurants, etc. I heard Old Towne is nice, any thoughts? Money is an object, so not looking to get too crazy here but would like something nice. Also if anyone has a place they are looking to rent I may be interested. Thanks and any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,876,099 times
Until you brought up the budget issue, I was going to recommend CityNorth. It's literally about 1 mile north of the Mayo Clinic Hospital. Prices aren't cheap, around $1100 for a 1 bedroom and they rarely come on the market, but it's a great building and there are a couple bars/clubs/restaurants/retail right underneath the apartment units.

Unless of course you're talking about the Mayo Clinic way out on Shea & 136th St. I assumed you were talking about the one on 56th St and Mayo Blvd, which is actually in Phoenix, not Scottsdale.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,123,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujustin View Post
Hi,
I am new to this forum and will be new to Scottsdale. I will be moving to AZ from FL this June and am in need of some major help! I will be a resident physician at Mayo Clinic so would like to be fairly close to the hospital. I am also a single male in upper 20's so would like a fun happening apartment as well. Good pool, activities, close to nightlife, restaurants, etc. I heard Old Towne is nice, any thoughts? Money is an object, so not looking to get too crazy here but would like something nice. Also if anyone has a place they are looking to rent I may be interested. Thanks and any help is appreciated.
Welcome to C-D!

Old Town Scottsdale is very nice and is popular with young professionals. Prices are not as high as North Scottsdale. People will be along shortly to provide details.

Feel free to check the Classified Ads forum. This is not the place to find/post about homes/apartments for lease.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,090,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Until you brought up the budget issue, I was going to recommend CityNorth. It's literally about 1 mile north of the Mayo Clinic Hospital. Prices aren't cheap, around $1100 for a 1 bedroom and they rarely come on the market, but it's a great building and there are a couple bars/clubs/restaurants/retail right underneath the apartment units.

Unless of course you're talking about the Mayo Clinic way out on Shea & 136th St. I assumed you were talking about the one on 56th St and Mayo Blvd, which is actually in Phoenix, not Scottsdale.
I googled "resident physician salary" and came up with this.....

Jobs Salary for Resident Physician at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, CA, $449,000, Jun 30, 2007

Granted, this is California, but with over $400,000 a year there at least $200,000 a year could be expected here. Budget really will not be an issue whatsoever. I personally would recommend something like this in DC Ranch.

Scottsdale Arizona Apartments - Home - Desert Parks Vista

Old 01-07-2011, 10:10 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,141,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I googled "resident physician salary" and came up with this.....

Jobs Salary for Resident Physician at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, CA, $449,000, Jun 30, 2007

Granted, this is California, but with over $400,000 a year there at least $200,000 a year could be expected here. Budget really will not be an issue whatsoever. I personally would recommend something like this in DC Ranch.

Scottsdale Arizona Apartments - Home - Desert Parks Vista

Well, the OP said budget WAS an issue. I would not presume that he could go anywhere based on your guess of what his salary is. I could also guess that his debt load after med school is high, too.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:21 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,090,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, the OP said budget WAS an issue. I would not presume that he could go anywhere based on your guess of what his salary is. I could also guess that his debt load after med school is high, too.
I understand that, but the apartments I posted could easily be affordable with a salary as low as even $50,000 a year. They are also extremely luxurious and would fit his needs.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM

2,150 posts, read 5,129,385 times
Shade Apartments in Desert Ridge are nice $800-1200 mo.

Pillar at Scottsdale about the same

Several in the Keirland area like Legends, Paragon,Tradition are all nice upscale, but might be too stodgy.

Old Town Scottsdale will definitely be more fun, but a long commute to either Mayo location

Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 PM

4,235 posts, read 13,982,214 times
can you tell us which Mayo you'll be at?.....

Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 PM

8 posts, read 15,455 times
Thanks everyone for all the responses, anymore help is appreciated. I will be working at the Mayo on East Shea boulevard in scottsdale.......the main hospital. And yea guys, budget is an issue. Not making anywhere close to $400000.....

Old 01-08-2011, 02:47 PM

2,150 posts, read 5,129,385 times
Check out:

Vintage At Scottsdale & The Highlands Apts on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.

Tem minutes from Mayo, nice area, shopping, parks. Easy access to 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area