Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,776,857 times

Advertisements

I support this 100%. Adult Prison will be a deterrent to others. Instead of them showing that idiotic TV1 News first thing in the morning (and the students rarely pay attention), maybe they should let the students watch interviews with Izrahias Morales, live from his cage.

He is a resident of Goodyear, and brought a 9mm Luger to school to murder his Math Teacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
If you do the crime you must do the time. But your wrong about Prison, it is never a deterrent. Criminals are going to do what they do until they get caught.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 PM

418 posts, read 1,311,763 times
Our prisons are overflowing and thus we release criminals back onto the world to commit more and more crime. When will we learn. Any criminal found guilty of killing another human being for any reason during a commission of any crime should all be housed in the same prisons. And no attempt whatsoever by any guard should stop them from killing each other. They should be allowed to reduce their own population by natural means, survival of the fittest.

No one should be coddled in any way in our prison system. The only way to change the culture of criminals is to make their existence so horrible that they eventually become more and more extinct. The fear of choosing that lifestyle has to become more important than the rewards they are reaping.

Crime has flourished in our society because we have treated these psychopaths and degenerates too humanely. If they want to act like animals and choose to live outside of society's laws, they do not deserve to be treated like good citizens are. We keep applying the civil laws to those who choose not to be civil. Inside, they laugh at us as they continue in their chosen life style.

We also need to begin to televise the whole living conditions of the worst prisons, the rapes, beatings, and killings. Children, teens, and adults need to watch and learn what choice they make by choosing that life style. The true horror of what prison life is like needs to be ingrained in each person when they are young.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:09 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
The only person that will be punished under adult law will be the person who left the gun available to the kid if he got it at home.
Want to make any bets??

Old 02-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Not according to the Sean Botkin Case from 2000. He held a class at gunpoint (Glendale) and didn't fire a shot. He was caged in adult jail, and they let him out after he received a suspended sentence and probation. He was later re-arrested for drugs and Andrew Thomas made sure he went away. I didn't see info on Morales's bond, but something tells me he is in a similar situation.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
I support this 100%. Adult Prison will be a deterrent to others. Instead of them showing that idiotic TV1 News first thing in the morning (and the students rarely pay attention), maybe they should let the students watch interviews with Izrahias Morales, live from his cage.

He is a resident of Goodyear, and brought a 9mm Luger to school to murder his Math Teacher.
I fully support eliminating this joke known as "juvenile justice", and trying everybody for the same crime regardless of age. There is no justice when giving lesser sentences to juveniles simply because of their age, or because they "don't know any better". Like hell they don't know any better! Certainly somebody who is 15 years old would know it's wrong to bring a gun to school with the intent of killing people. These kids are not stupid.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM

Only 25,000 Bail? Geez! I guess they won't protect the public, so here is his picture.
Attached Thumbnails
15 yo charged as adult......-gunmen.jpg  

Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khuntrevor View Post
Only 25,000 Bail? Geez! I guess they won't protect the public, so here is his picture.
Like this kid is threat to the public. The "adult" business is just another bag of wind county prosecutor showing that "I am tough on crime". What he is really saying is "I am tough on minorities". I'll bet dollars to donuts that if this kid were a white boy, his mug wouldn't be all over the paper.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Like this kid is threat to the public. The "adult" business is just another bag of wind county prosecutor showing that "I am tough on crime". What he is really saying is "I am tough on minorities". I'll bet dollars to donuts that if this kid were a white boy, his mug wouldn't be all over the paper.
I don't know, Ponderosa, in this day and age, if a student brings a loaded gun to school and threatens to kill someone, it's going to make the news, no matter the color of skin the student has.
I think the kid deserves and should get jail time, but what he probably needs most is some counciling/mental health help. I hope he gets that.
I'm also wondering what the parent's responsibilities are in this. I'm sure they don't condone what he did, but perhaps they share in the blame somehow....

Old 02-17-2011, 11:41 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'll bet dollars to donuts that if this kid were a white boy, his mug wouldn't be all over the paper.
Really, Ponderosa? The race card? You think white kids who commit serious crimes don't get tried as adults too? Oh please, give it a rest.

Update: Swanson appears in court; bail set at $1 million | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

12-Year-Old To Be Tried As Adult For Dad's Fiancee's Death - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh (http://www.wtae.com/r/22986994/detail.html - broken link)

Charged with murder: 16-year-old boy could be tried as an adult - morningjournal.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area