Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 AM

134 posts, read 491,729 times

Advertisements

Hi, One of the the colleges I was considering going to was ASU. I was wondering if anyone could answer me what the employment situation and what the rent situation is around the tempe/scottsdale areas? Monthly how much is a 1 bdr apt. id need a part time job to pay for it which is why I ask. Also are there any areas to avoid and what areas would be good to live in those two cities. so anyone with knowledge, help is appriciated, Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 AM

114 posts, read 572,713 times
Default I have another question for Arizona Forum

My wife and I lived 12 years in Arizona. We plan to move back sometime in the future after we sell our house in Missouri. We are seniors and want to live in an RV. How do we go about licensing an rv with no "permanent" address.

We can't rent a space without having an rv and we can't register an rv without having a space.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks MajorHart

Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,438,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorHart View Post
My wife and I lived 12 years in Arizona. We plan to move back sometime in the future after we sell our house in Missouri. We are seniors and want to live in an RV. How do we go about licensing an rv with no "permanent" address.

We can't rent a space without having an rv and we can't register an rv without having a space.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks MajorHart
Get a mailbox at one of the UPS stores or similar facilities, and use that address to register the RV, then change it when you get settled in an RV park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella24 View Post
Hi, One of the the colleges I was considering going to was ASU. I was wondering if anyone could answer me what the employment situation and what the rent situation is around the tempe/scottsdale areas? Monthly how much is a 1 bdr apt. id need a part time job to pay for it which is why I ask. Also are there any areas to avoid and what areas would be good to live in those two cities. so anyone with knowledge, help is appriciated, Thank you.
There really aren't any areas to avoid in Tempe or the southern part of Scottsdale, which would be most convenient to ASU. Rent prices vary, I'm sure you will get some specific info here, or check the apartment websites (take the ratings you may find there with a grain of salt).

Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 PM

19 posts, read 58,074 times
ASU is a great school..very much known to be a party school also. check the online newspaper.
Arizona Local News - Phoenix Arizona News - Phoenix Breaking News - azcentral.com
OR
Off Campus Housing - Arizona State University - Arizona - Apartments For Rent - ForRent.com
There are also a lot of homes leased to students in the area so when you check rentals you may find both apartments and houses with rooms for lease. Good Luck

Old 03-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDIONE View Post
ASU is a great school..very much known to be a party school also. check the online newspaper.
Arizona Local News - Phoenix Arizona News - Phoenix Breaking News - azcentral.com
OR
Off Campus Housing - Arizona State University - Arizona - Apartments For Rent - ForRent.com
There are also a lot of homes leased to students in the area so when you check rentals you may find both apartments and houses with rooms for lease. Good Luck
Actually, ASU has dropped down the rankings in the party school category, and has improved its academic ratings a great deal over the same period.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:35 PM

12 posts, read 19,790 times
Be careful about ASU unless you want to go to the largest college in the nation with huge underclassmen class sizes. I'm sure tons of people will disagree with me, but I encourage you to also explore UofA and NAU, both of which you can still attend and live in the Phoenix area, and get a better education.

As a former resident of Tempe, I did love that city though. Lots to do, nice people, good city leadership. Good luck to you!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaeffie View Post
Be careful about ASU unless you want to go to the largest college in the nation with huge underclassmen class sizes. I'm sure tons of people will disagree with me, but I encourage you to also explore UofA and NAU, both of which you can still attend and live in the Phoenix area, and get a better education.

As a former resident of Tempe, I did love that city though. Lots to do, nice people, good city leadership. Good luck to you!
You are right, some of the classes for underclassmen are held in large lecture halls. I don't think going to U of A or NAU through their programs in Phoenix is much of a college experience, though, and I don't know that they offer access to all their majors that way.

Tempe is nice, isn't it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area