U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:48 PM

50 posts, read 284,008 times

Advertisements

I'm considering buying a Pulte home in the Anthem at Merrill Ranch (Florence).

Does Pulte build quality homes?

If you know from experience, how is Anthem at Merrill Ranch as a place to live for someone who does not have to commute (retired)? I've heard that it is an island in a less than desirable area. Any advice? Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM

202 posts, read 941,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchief5 View Post

Yes .

Old 07-25-2007, 05:08 PM

42,565 posts, read 56,725,122 times
Look up housing zone.com and you'll see that Pulte has one of, the if not the best, rating and recomendations in the country. Over 80% satisfaction rate.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 16,727,256 times
Definetly one of the best homebuilders, you really cannot go wrong with them.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:51 PM

106 posts, read 304,075 times
I agree. I have a Pulte home (with a few minor problems) but overall a pretty solid house. I think since (sub)contractors vary from location to location a good Pulte supervisor on-site is the key to ensuring a well built home.

Advice: Hire an licensed independent home inspector prior to your one year mark of your home to ensure Pulte is fixing any/all problems associated with your investment while its still under warranty. It was the best $250 I've spent thus far.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:47 PM

799 posts, read 2,079,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchief5 View Post

If you know from experience, how is Anthem at Merrill Ranch as a place to live for someone who does not have to commute (retired)? I've heard that it is an island in a less than desirable area. Any advice? Thanks.
I rent a Pulte home.

I know they were respected back in Indiana.

Seems to be good construction. I don't know if they do wood frames out west or use that particle board stuff, and I am not familiar with the wall construction. The cupboards in the kitchen aren't what I would pay for...some are the doors where you have to open both as the same time to get to what is inside. I don't like that at all. And the kitchen faucet is on backwards...but these might be things that prior rentors or fixer-uppers did...

I would pick out the cabi

Best home I ever saw was a home built, frame put up by the Amish back in the 1980s'...we bought it as a model when I was married. I mean, nothing, and I mean nothing, squeaked, didn't fit, etc.

It was almost perfect.

You should have seen the woodwork. They built the home for private builders. I wonder if the Amish build anymore...

Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 PM

682 posts, read 2,454,927 times
There is a lot of information about Pulte online. It will be worth your time to check them out. Here is an article from the Arizona paper in which a lawsuit filed by 1000 Sun City Grand residents against Pulte is described.

Pulte letter disputes home-defect claims

altus2006

Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 PM

42,835 posts, read 84,695,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
I rent a Pulte home.

I know they were respected back in Indiana.

Seems to be good construction. I don't know if they do wood frames out west or use that particle board stuff, and I am not familiar with the wall construction. The cupboards in the kitchen aren't what I would pay for...some are the doors where you have to open both as the same time to get to what is inside. I don't like that at all. And the kitchen faucet is on backwards...but these might be things that prior rentors or fixer-uppers did...
My house is 2x6 construction, but from what I heard that's not the case in all their developments.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:58 AM

41 posts, read 140,047 times
The Amish don't have to build homes they just raise puppies in miserably puppy mills!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM

270 posts, read 796,328 times
We recently moved into our new Pulte home (Stetson Valley, N. Phoenix), and have been here for almost 6 months. So far, we couldn't be happier with either Pulte (sales agent, construction supervisor), or the quality of our home. We were living in Boston as the house was being built and they were extremely helpful with us being out of state. For example, the sales agent would takes pics weekly to show us the progress, we had no problems with changing appointments for walk-through inspections around our schedules, and the construction supervisor was always available when we called.

Our move-in was as smooth as can be with no problems, and they were very prompt and efficient with fixing the minor/cosmetic issues on both our 30-day and 3-month follow-ups. Also, we're really happy with the many options that are considered standards. For example, our particular model standards included Gold level energy-efficient features such as the 2x6 construction SierraAZ mentions above, low E2, UV Ray reflecting, dual-paned windows, blown insulation etc. It really has made a difference in our monthly bills. For example, in the "your electric bills" thread on this forum, I noticed that we keep our house cooler, but our bills have been lower than most of the others who responded.

Add us to the list of satisfied Pulte customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: