U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2011, 02:36 AM
 
3 posts, read 6,665 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello,
I live in the East Valley now, and I'm hoping to shortly move to North Phoenix. I'm still pretty new to Arizona so if you know of a good Realtor, I could look into them and it would make my life a lot easier. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2011, 04:36 AM
 
8,369 posts, read 9,522,102 times
Reputation: 7307
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyApricot View Post
Hello,
I live in the East Valley now, and I'm hoping to shortly move to North Phoenix. I'm still pretty new to Arizona so if you know of a good Realtor, I could look into them and it would make my life a lot easier. Thanks!

My only advice is the recommended realtor should office / live in the area that you are looking to buy. They should know the neighborhoods extremely well. So if someone lives in Buckeye (for example) and they tout that they know North Phoenix, I surely would not hire them.

Good luck with your move!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 AM
 
183 posts, read 521,379 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
My only advice is the recommended realtor should office / live in the area that you are looking to buy.
Keeping that in mind, I know a guy in N. Phoenix.
I have dealt with him on many occasions.
He lives and works in N. Phoenix.
I don't know what your specific needs are, but I can say with confidence that he could fulfill them.

Phoenix homes for sale, AZ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 AM
 
523 posts, read 897,399 times
Reputation: 208
I would recommend doing as many interviews as possible. However, do realize you do not need a Realtor, and you can save a great deal of money by not using one. You can get a price reduction or cash back through negotiation by not using a Realtor when buying.

In regards to the market, an honest Realtor [mod cut-- please review TOS re: realtors] is going to be warning people to hold off on buying, as prices are still declining very fast:

http://www.armls.com/Libraries/STAT_...2011.sflb.ashx

Last edited by observer53; 04-05-2011 at 09:44 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
 
895 posts, read 1,399,783 times
Reputation: 2188
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
I would recommend doing as many interviews as possible. However, do realize you do not need a Realtor, and you can save a great deal of money by not using one. You can get a price reduction or cash back through negotiation by not using a Realtor when buying.

In regards to the market, an honest Realtor (such as myself) is going to be warning people to hold off on buying, as prices are still declining very fast:

http://www.armls.com/Libraries/STAT_...2011.sflb.ashx
I personally know 29 realtors. [mod cut-- response to deleted material]
Don't you dare buy now.

Last edited by observer53; 04-05-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Gilbert - Val Vista Lakes
6,069 posts, read 14,130,207 times
Reputation: 3869
What you'll find as you begin to look is that the house that you want to see tomorrow is already under contract, or has multiple offers. And that is happening all the way up to $1.3 mil.

When you find a Realtor in your area and start looking, just be prepared to put the spurs to the horse once you find the house you want. If it's a desirable home and you delay, it will most likely be gone.

Buyers I have in the $600-$800 range are running into multiple offers.

This morning a client of mine decided to make an offer on a 1.25mil house. It already had an offer in but the deadline for acceptance had not come, so we also submitted our offer and now we're are in a multiple offer situation.

March had a large number of sales, and the inventory has been declining steady. The banks have begun to increase the prices on their homes. On another thread I posted a lot of statistics about what is happening in our metro area market.

The metro area inventory has declined to an average of 4.2 months supply. It varies with different price ranges.

The home market here is looking good for sellers now. It may not stay that way but for now it's good for them. It makes it rough for me and my buyers to find a house to buy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Santa Fe, NM/Phoenix/Puerto Vallarta
424 posts, read 904,587 times
Reputation: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
What you'll find as you begin to look is that the house that you want to see tomorrow is already under contract, or has multiple offers. And that is happening all the way up to $1.3 mil.

When you find a Realtor in your area and start looking, just be prepared to put the spurs to the horse once you find the house you want. If it's a desirable home and you delay, it will most likely be gone.

Buyers I have in the $600-$800 range are running into multiple offers.

This morning a client of mine decided to make an offer on a 1.25mil house. It already had an offer in but the deadline for acceptance had not come, so we also submitted our offer and now we're are in a multiple offer situation.

March had a large number of sales, and the inventory has been declining steady. The banks have begun to increase the prices on their homes. On another thread I posted a lot of statistics about what is happening in our metro area market.

The metro area inventory has declined to an average of 4.2 months supply. It varies with different price ranges.

The home market here is looking good for sellers now. It may not stay that way but for now it's good for them. It makes it rough for me and my buyers to find a house to buy.
I am also running into multiple bids, I'm glad I did buy when I did but trying to buy now has been very difficult. I am hoping by fall or winter of this year the market will ease up again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM
 
10,719 posts, read 19,300,651 times
Reputation: 9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbguy View Post
I am also running into multiple bids, I'm glad I did buy when I did but trying to buy now has been very difficult. I am hoping by fall or winter of this year the market will ease up again.
I agree with you and Captain Bill. The large number of foreclosures and short sales have sort of skewed our market and provided a false notion. There are many vacant homes on the outskirts that aren't going to be occupied any time soon but the areas I'm interested in have multiple bids and that wasn't the case 6 months ago.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Gilbert - Val Vista Lakes
6,069 posts, read 14,130,207 times
Reputation: 3869
We were successful in our multiple offer situation for the $1.2 mil house because our offer was all cash and clean (no asking for closing costs, home warranty and all that stuff). The competitor was financing with a large down payment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
 
9,092 posts, read 18,155,145 times
Reputation: 6952
Dinner on you then?!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top