U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
 
Location: FINALLY living in AZ and LOVING it!!!
461 posts, read 1,730,926 times
Reputation: 190

Advertisements

While searching for homes online, I discovered some homes in Gold Canyon that I really liked . . . any comments about Gold Canyon? Is it as undeveloped as Maricopa or Casa Grande or Queen Creek? Is it better/worse? Any comments are greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 AM
 
343 posts, read 477,039 times
Reputation: 44
They have a brand new car wash and oil/lube express service just opening off highway 60. You can get a massage while waiting, too. The people who live here likely have more money. Many more retirees here than families. You'll find less retirees in Queen Creek/Maricopa.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
 
3,632 posts, read 15,415,100 times
Reputation: 1321
There are some really nice custom homes out there. I have a friend who has one for sale since October. They just need to get people out there to look around.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
42,261 posts, read 55,628,273 times
Reputation: 119366
Gold Canyon has a 'silver lining'...you'll love it there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
 
Location: FINALLY living in AZ and LOVING it!!!
461 posts, read 1,730,926 times
Reputation: 190
Wow, I'm shocked. Not the usual bashing one gets about different areas when one asks about certain areas in Arizona. You all seem pretty positive about Gold Canyon. Thanks for your replies. I'll definitely check the area out on my next visit!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 12:53 AM
 
24 posts, read 88,454 times
Reputation: 21
It's in the moddle of no where....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 AM
 
Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,508,672 times
Reputation: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
While searching for homes online, I discovered some homes in Gold Canyon that I really liked . . . any comments about Gold Canyon? Is it as undeveloped as Maricopa or Casa Grande or Queen Creek? Is it better/worse? Any comments are greatly appreciated!
It's much smaller than any of those three. It borders the east side of Apache Junction. GC residents tend to think they're better than AJ, which is ridiculous. There are homes in east AJ that are as nice, in some cases much nicer than Gold Canyon. I worked the area from 1985 to 2006. I watched GC grow from a few nice houses with several clusters of dirtbag apartments and trailer courts into a fast growing community with a lot of nice houses and a few dirtbag apartments and trailer courts. It's on the eastern edge of the Phoenix meto area which is a good thing, but Pinal County property taxes are higher than Maricopa County. Overall I'd say it would be worth looking into. However, if the homes you are looking at are in neighborhoods off Superstition Mountain Blvd, be sure to check the HOA CC&Rs. I've heard some stories much worse than the usual HOA dictatorships.

For the next few years, you'll have seasonal traffic nightmares. The snowbirds clog the roads from Oct to April, but the real headaches are the Renaissance Festival (Feb-March), Golf tournement (one weekend overlapping the RenFest) and the marathon, but it's only one day. The US60 bypass is going to happen someday, but who knows when?

At least take a trip out there when you're in AZ and check it out.



BTW, dmiller01, It's over 50 miles away from the middle of nowhere.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 08:00 AM
 
Location: FINALLY living in AZ and LOVING it!!!
461 posts, read 1,730,926 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
It's much smaller than any of those three. It borders the east side of Apache Junction. GC residents tend to think they're better than AJ, which is ridiculous. There are homes in east AJ that are as nice, in some cases much nicer than Gold Canyon. I worked the area from 1985 to 2006. I watched GC grow from a few nice houses with several clusters of dirtbag apartments and trailer courts into a fast growing community with a lot of nice houses and a few dirtbag apartments and trailer courts. It's on the eastern edge of the Phoenix meto area which is a good thing, but Pinal County property taxes are higher than Maricopa County. Overall I'd say it would be worth looking into. However, if the homes you are looking at are in neighborhoods off Superstition Mountain Blvd, be sure to check the HOA CC&Rs. I've heard some stories much worse than the usual HOA dictatorships.

For the next few years, you'll have seasonal traffic nightmares. The snowbirds clog the roads from Oct to April, but the real headaches are the Renaissance Festival (Feb-March), Golf tournement (one weekend overlapping the RenFest) and the marathon, but it's only one day. The US60 bypass is going to happen someday, but who knows when?

At least take a trip out there when you're in AZ and check it out.



BTW, dmiller01, It's over 50 miles away from the middle of nowhere.
I figured GC was sort of "out there" when I looked at it on Google's Hybrid map (which I'm sure is out of date, but did give a good indication). But, since it is "out there" somewhat, does that mean I'd have more of a problem with scorps, rattlers, spiders, mt lions, coyotes, etc. then I would, say, in Queen Creek or Maricopa or Casa Grande?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
42,261 posts, read 55,628,273 times
Reputation: 119366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
I figured GC was sort of "out there" when I looked at it on Google's Hybrid map (which I'm sure is out of date, but did give a good indication). But, since it is "out there" somewhat, does that mean I'd have more of a problem with scorps, rattlers, spiders, mt lions, coyotes, etc. then I would, say, in Queen Creek or Maricopa or Casa Grande?
No, they are equal opportunity bugs and animals. They go everywhere.
But the one's I'd watch out for are the humanoids, especially the ones that have a lot of rage in them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
 
Location: FINALLY living in AZ and LOVING it!!!
461 posts, read 1,730,926 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
No, they are equal opportunity bugs and animals. They go everywhere.
But the one's I'd watch out for are the humanoids, especially the ones that have a lot of rage in them.
Hilarious! That actually made me laugh out loud!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top