Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:17 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,268 times

Advertisements

Miamiman, maybe your mind is just too intricate here to follow. LOL.

Anyone who calls out other people for perceived inaccuracies and false opinions, but who litters his posts with misspellings, grammatical errors, and misrepresentations like New Mexico is a dump, Santa Fe is a Scottsdale wannabe, New York is not the most congested city in the country, and LA downtown is surrounded by 20 freeways, lacks, to say the least, knowledge, perspective and good judgment. (But he's right about South Mountain)

And I'm not talking about you. I come on these forums to read enlightened and informed ideas and opinions like yours.

Last edited by ABQSunseeker; 07-15-2008 at 10:34 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM

And Steve-o too. Outsiders sometimes give good perspective.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 AM

And Valley Native, ain't nice to call people names. You have interesting things to say, so let the force of your ideas try to prevail without name calling. After all, we're all a little bit right here. Phoenix could use a more vibrant downtown, no question.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And to him, YOUR (not "you're") thinking is backwards, you need to realize that.
Thanks Steve-o, again my first language wasn't english. But thanks.

One thing that bothers me most about all three of you, Steve-o, Alb, and Miamiman, is the fact that NONE of you live in Phoenix yet feel you have the right to insult without reason the people, city, and opinions of those that live in the city. If where you live is so great then why bother those who are excited about change in downtown Phoenix? And Miamiman, don't tell me the because you live many miles outside of downtown that somehow you have the right to want to stop development in my neighborhood. That is UTTERLY ridiculous! I really could careless what happens in North Scottsdale or New Mexico. I feel the exact same way you do Alb about people who have opinion like yours of Phoenix. Since you have no rebuttal or evidence to support your claims, you mock someones spellchecking skills (the one provided on this site is not compatable with AOL). How mature. Bottom line is that downtown will continue to grow up and more dense and there really is nothing miamiman or alb can do about that. So all this bickering is for not and I apologize to all those that had to read endless back-and-forth that really didn't matter nor had any bearing on the issue.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 07-15-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
And Valley Native, ain't nice to call people names. You have interesting things to say, so let the force of your ideas try to prevail without name calling. After all, we're all a little bit right here. Phoenix could use a more vibrant downtown, no question.
It's fine that you agree with Miami Man, but you & he are clearly in the minority on this topic. Facts are facts: with or without name calling, this Miami poster is clearly a trouble maker. Threatening to go to meetings and yell at the top of his lungs is beyond the limits of free speech ... and can easily get him arrested if he's not careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
And Miamiman, don't tell me the because you live many miles outside of downtown that somehow you have the right to want to stop development in my neighborhood. That is UTTERLY ridiculous! I really could careless what happens in North Scottsdale or New Mexico. I feel the exact same way you do Alb about people you say have opinion like yours of Phoenix or any other city. Since you have no rebuttal or evidence you support your claims, you mock someones spellchecking skills (the one provided on this site is not compatable with AOL). How mature. Bottom line is that downtown will continue to grow up and more dense and really nothing miamiman or alb can do about that. So all this bickering is for not and I apologize to all those that had to read endless back-and-forth that really didn't matter nor had any bearing on the issue.
He clearly had to know before moving here that downtown development was already proposed, approved, and under way. Newcomers like him with his attitude are WAY out of line. It makes me wonder if this guy is just pulling our legs ... making these outrageous statements just to get attention. He obviously has some serious personal issues. I mean, to be THAT adamant about stopping private development! He's either doing this to stir debate ... or utterly bored in his meaningless life that he feels that he has to make trouble for everyone else.

NIMBYs remind me somewhat of the 1960s radicals who protested everything they could. They too were consumed with personal problems of their own, and boredom. Of course, many of them experimented with LSD, so that tells you what kind of mentality we're dealing with!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Some of you all need to remove the poles from your keysters. Either that or take some Midol! Good frickin grief!

End of story: if you want a strong urban core with skyscrapers and incredible nightlife and PT, walkable neighborhoods, etc, GET THE EFF OUTTA PHX AND STOP BITCHIN! If people wanted that in the first place, they wouldnt have looked at PHX to begin with. Some are trying to push change, let em. Some people dont want change, thats understandable, too.
Why do you make comments like these? Because the topic at hand is heated? If you do not want to be a part of the discussion, then feel free to exit the thread and post somewhere else.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:

One thing that bothers me most about all three of you, Steve-o, Alb, and Miamiman, is the fact that NONE of you live in Phoenix
WHO GIVES A FLYING FLIP!?!?!?!? Can I not have an opinion???? Can I not partake in a thread just because I dont live in a certain area???

You just got your panties in a bunch because YOU cant tolerate when other people from outside PHX comment on the city. You dont like Chicago, I dont like PHX, so flippin what?!?!?!? I happen to love many things about AZ (or else I wouldnt go a few times a year), I also happen to dislike many things. You probably wouldnt live in Chicago because the winters are too cold, right? Can you not state your opinion just because you dont live there? Good Heavens to Mergatroid!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:40 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Why do you make comments like these? Because the topic at hand is heated? If you do not want to be a part of the discussion, then feel free to exit the thread and post somewhere else.
I was reading along and actually enjoying it until I started seeing responses like "your thinking is backwards" (sound familiar??) and "I hope your a$$ gets thrown in the slammer" and "you have no life", etc, etc, etc.

Now, who needs to make what comments?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area