Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of trying to buy a home in AZ because I'm moving from the East Coast in 2 months. (What a daunting task! Talk about unmotivated sellers!!!) I flew out there last month to look at some properties.
The Mesa Marlborough Villas were nice and the area seemed very nice. However, I heard that Mesa can be sketchy. I'd like to be close to ASU (within 10 miles).
Does anyone know if this street / neighborhood specifically is ok? 925 South Longmore, Mesa AZ 85202.
It is right by Mesa Community College.
I will be living by myself and I am a female. I'd like to feel safe. I made the mistake of looking at beautiful homes in Phoenix on S 7th and Baseline and several people told me that this area is _awful_. I don't want to be looking in a similar type of neighborhood in Mesa. I'd like a safe neighborhood that's clean. Can you help me?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM

10 posts, read 24,200 times
I'm looking at Mesa ( Longmore specifically also). Along with Power Station, W. University among others. Also N. Country Club Dr. Which of these is better? I'm trying to use my time wisely so if these are horrible, I won't bother. I'm heading there in July.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,427 times
I like to recommend to single females that they pull up the Arizona Sexual Offender information. You can plug in zip codes and get an idea of how many in that area. For the zip code 85202 there are 16 registered offender. For 85210 there are 39. Both of those are Mesa areas. Now pull up 85044 which is the Ahwatukee area of Phoenix and there are only 4. Go to the south Phoenix zip of 85041 and there are 49. Really gives you a good idea of the area, but don't stop there. Now go to the Mesa and Phoenix Police Department web sites and pull up the crime stats for the zip codes. Lots of times you can tell if you are going to like to live in the area just by driving around and maybe visiting a few grocery stores too.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 AM

10 posts, read 24,200 times
Alright, will do that

Old 05-05-2011, 03:57 PM

105 posts, read 326,119 times
That area isn't the best, but it's not the worst either. I have a friend that lives in some apartments on Longmore just south of the address you gave(Not even a block away). He has heard gunshots fired at his complex, and the last time I was there, there were 3 Mesa Police cars spotlighting the parking lot looking for someone, while there were also a few police on foot looking in all the bushes. I have another friend who used to live right next to the Villas in an apartment complex called Del Coronado. He said he never had any problems, but he did move eventually. I've seen some shady looking characters around everytime I go to my friend's who still lives there, but of course that doesn't mean anything seeing as I appear in person as far from your regular Joe as you can get, and I'm alright....as long as you keep the whiskey away from me.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM

13 posts, read 27,299 times
If you want to stay close to ASU then South Tempe and Ahwatukee are your best options. Ahwatukee can be a little expensive for house prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area