U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,794 times

Advertisements

I'm new to this site. Moving to the area...how can I post my own question? Thanks for your help!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 PM

17,842 posts, read 39,883,444 times
You just did! You want to know about cost of living in the Scottsdale area? Generally higher than the rest of the Valley. You particularly notice it with things like gasoline. Housing in parts of the city tends to be higher priced as well.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:18 PM

190 posts, read 422,677 times
Maybe try the corner of Frank Lloyd Wright and Shea Blvd - the Villa Montana apartments - they are ideally located and super affordable for Scottsdale - 2BR with pet fee, carport fee - is 825 per month. 3 miles to Mayo Clinic - Scottsdale even less to Scottsdale Healthcare bldg/complex -- the 101 is a stone's throw away - which takes you up and down and all around.... You are in North Scottsdale and N. Phoenix in the blink of an eye -- 7 miles east and you are in Fountain Hills ... the airport is 'bout 30 min. away - and the infamous Scottsdale Road with shopping all over the place... Kierland for upbeat smoothe jazz - hip youngsters as yourself - none of it is a bad drive away ... I walk around day and night as there are all kinds of restaurants etc. I can walk to - all in this block here -- I wish I could find a house here - but they really are pricey in this exact spot - sometimes looking at the homes they aren't worth the price - yet again I saw one the other day for a half million that looked like it should have been fully over a million - Anyway - I'm older so I don't mind not living say in a place that 'itself' has a big social circle - our little pool is used mostly by kiddos and a few parents - some swankier apartments probably have happy hour vibes at the pool etc... But it's safe and has a superior location - good luck in your search!

Oh and for cost of living I come from CA Central Coast - and it's much more affordable here for sure. Gas/food etc. way less - same with rent. Housing in CA is ridiculous. So I zipped on over to AZ :-)

Old 06-26-2011, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,794 times
I want to start my own thread...it looks like I'm in someone else's.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 39,883,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinasmith1 View Post
I want to start my own thread...it looks like I'm in someone else's.
Click on the "new thread" button on the left side at the top of the main forum page for the Phoenix forum (assuming that's the forum you want to be in). Put in a title that's descriptive of the question(s) you want to ask, and then type in your post. Click "submit new thread", and you are done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area