U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Hayden
446 posts, read 616,274 times
Reputation: 1160

Advertisements

I moved to the Arrowhead/Peoria/Glendale area from Seattle several years ago. One thing I really miss about Seattle is we had a great model club for Science fiction fans.

I'd love to meet any science fiction modelers in town. It's more fun working on a project when you know you'll have someone to show it to when it's done. It's also nice to share techniques and ideas about painting, detailing, etc.

So if you've ever built a model of the Enterprise (or wanted to build models but didn't know where to start) drop me a line!

-Mike
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-06-2021, 07:29 PM
 
1 posts, read 133 times
Reputation: 10
I have over 1000 SF PBs I want to sell (individually or as a group). I live in Phoenix area. Also have mags from 1950's on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2021, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, AZ
984 posts, read 509,161 times
Reputation: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
I moved to the Arrowhead/Peoria/Glendale area from Seattle several years ago. One thing I really miss about Seattle is we had a great model club for Science fiction fans.

I'd love to meet any science fiction modelers in town. It's more fun working on a project when you know you'll have someone to show it to when it's done. It's also nice to share techniques and ideas about painting, detailing, etc.

So if you've ever built a model of the Enterprise (or wanted to build models but didn't know where to start) drop me a line!

-Mike
You might already know this, but have you tried MeetUp or look into local Facebook groups? I have to imagine in a metro this size, there has to be many others that share your passion.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2021, 09:59 AM
Status: "Respect for law enforcement since 1953" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ and Redwood City, CA
11,745 posts, read 7,776,747 times
Reputation: 42268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
You might already know this, but have you tried MeetUp or look into local Facebook groups? I have to imagine in a metro this size, there has to be many others that share your passion.

Unfortunately the OP was last here in 2011. I know, I missed that too.


I've found Meetup to be surprisingly uneven. Lots of dinner groups. Some gaming groups. But not much in the way of science fiction interest groups.



There would be many more Meetup groups if not for the fact that the group originator has to pay to start one. And maintaining it ain't cheap, either. I was paying $200/year for the "privilege" of having a science fiction/post-apocalyptic fiction group. People signed up for it but no one ever showed up. The hell of it was I kept getting emails from aspiring authors who wanted my group to read and review their books. We might have had a first look at the next "The Martian" or "Alas, Babylon". It could have really been great if people weren't such flakes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, AZ
984 posts, read 509,161 times
Reputation: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Unfortunately the OP was last here in 2011. I know, I missed that too.


I've found Meetup to be surprisingly uneven. Lots of dinner groups. Some gaming groups. But not much in the way of science fiction interest groups.



There would be many more Meetup groups if not for the fact that the group originator has to pay to start one. And maintaining it ain't cheap, either. I was paying $200/year for the "privilege" of having a science fiction/post-apocalyptic fiction group. People signed up for it but no one ever showed up. The hell of it was I kept getting emails from aspiring authors who wanted my group to read and review their books. We might have had a first look at the next "The Martian" or "Alas, Babylon". It could have really been great if people weren't such flakes.
Ugh, I need to start checking dates.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top